Sunday, October 22, 2006

Thank You, Tienne!

A huge shout-out to Tienne ("Tienne Knits") for responding to me via the CPH KAL regarding my issue with stripe mismatch on the colorway. (Sounds like a foreign language, doesn't it?) She suggested knitting the CPH in the round--left front, back, right front all on one circular needle--rather than in pieces so the colorway would continue across the entire piece.

BRILLIANT. Why did I not think of it? Probably because I began the thing in the wee hours when the brain was shut off. ;-) No, honestly, I'd heard of people who knit larger garments in the round, but I've never been a huge fan of circulars. I love DPNs, they are another story. Well, what the hey. I figured out how much to cast on and grabbed my size 8 circular 29" Clovers.

My deduction? It will definitely solve the striping issue. But the ribbing is taking twice as long to do! Then again... no seaming. No extra cast ons for other pieces. One piece and it's ready for sleeves and hood. I just might like this circular needle thing! Pix to come... I've also started yet another pair of socks for Socktoberfest.

It's DH/B&S night. (Desperate Housewives/Brothers&Sisters) Must run now...

1 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, November 10, 2006, Blogger tiennieknits said...

Just saw this very late and wanted to say you're welcome (even though I don't know how much help I actually was). Gonna peruse the rest of your blog now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home