Saturday, October 28, 2006

Warped

Nothing much to report, really. Spent the day re-learning how to weave at a two-day weaving class at my LYS. I'd forgotten how much I love the process--even the preliminaries (winding the warp, dressing the loom) were enjoyable. We got as far as dressing the loom and doing tie-ups. Tomorrow, we weave. Yay!

I splurged and outfitted my needle stash with Crystal Palace 12" straights in every size from 5 to 15. I just love these needles. I may have several sets of brand-new never-used Brittanys on eBay shortly. (My LYS has a no-return policy on needles to prevent "borrowers"--you know: those people who buy needles, use them for one project, then return them "unused" when the project is finished. I totally understand. However, there should be some leeway for "ooops, I really do not like these needles". Perhaps an exchange?)

This pattern appeared in Fall 06's Vogue Knit.1.



I really like it. The magazine pushes Lion Brand Yarn, which is fine. I picked up four skeins of Homespun™ at JoAnn's but chose Barrington rather than the Deco off white as pictured. This swatch doesn't show the colors that well. It's deep violet with flecks of lavender, teal, fuschia, grey, and kind of a tealy-green. It's not striping yarn, it's more of a heather.



The only issue I have is with their sizing. Since when is an XL for a 39" bust? I swatched for gauge. They recommend size 10.5 needles. I'm using 15s and knitting loose. I need the extra 8 inches. (I actually have cleavage.)

Maybe it's not adult XL. Maybe it's teenager XL, which would explain a lot.

Anyway, between this, the CPH, the weaving and another sock to match the one lone TylerSox, I'm up to my eyeballs in projects.

On THAT note...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home