Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Grad Student's MLA Meme

OK, I'll bite. There is a grad student named Scott Eric Kaufmann who is presenting a paper on blog memes at the Modern Language Association (MLA) Conference. He is studying the speed at which a single voice (a meme) can travel from one side of the internet to the other and back again. Since I'll likely be a starving, suffering, dissertation-writing grad student in the near future, I'm pre-empathizing with his stress! It behooves me to assist.

All we need to do to help him with his project is to do the following:

  1. Write a post linking to this one in which you explain the experiment. (All blogs count, be they TypePad, Blogger, MySpace, Facebook, &c.)

  2. Ask your readers to do the same. Beg them. Relate sob stories about poor graduate students in desperate circumstances. Imply I'm one of them. (Do whatever you have to. If that fails, try whatever it takes.)

  3. Ping Technorati.


It only took me three minutes to post this to my blog... how long will it take you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home