Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Requisite Cat Photo

Since absolutely NOTHING special has happened around here lately--I'm not jinxing myself, am I?--it's time to post the requisite Cat Photo. You've seen Tyler, of the Sox, already. (Remember, I have five felines.)

This is Zander.

He weighs 25 pounds and is twice the size overall of normal cats. He's not obese; he's not at an unhealthy weight. He's just e-NOR-mous.

He was two days old the first time I saw him. I cupped him in my hand and when he rolled onto his back and "swam" happily while I rubbed his pristine white belly with one finger, I was hooked. He went through an awkward stage around 4 months of age. His body was normal kitten size. His ears were twice the size they should have been, his tail was extra long, and his paws were huge. I wondered if kittens were anything like puppies. You know. Tiny puppies with big paws grow up to be big dogs, right? I thought to myself, either he's going to grow up to be one funny-looking cat... or he's gonna be HUGE.

Obviously, he grew into his ears. He's a beautiful cat, IMHO. He's built like a linebacker. The vet said he's all muscle. I wonder what Zander's daddy must've been, because mommy was a teeny tiny smaller-than-average cat and you'd never think to look at her that she'd be capable of producing a mammoth like this.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

Hee - I love his expression. "You have permission to admire my greatness!" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home