Saturday, December 09, 2006

Considering a Move

Yeah, I know I just posted, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's time to explore new blogging horizons. Old Blogger isn't flexible enough for me; Beta hasn't invited me yet to upgrade *snif*, templates are impossible to change even with a rudimentary grasp of code (CSS, HTML, XHTML, XYZhtml, ABCDEFGhtml...). and I'm just plain longing for more control. Blogging For Dummies came home from the library with me the other day. The book is surprisingly informative. I'm seriously considering a DIY blog on my own domain.

Because it pisses me off that despite having fixed it already, or so I thought, it's doing it again. Instead of my unadulterated banner at the top, I get banner plus the words "knitty banter" in dark grey above the image, impeding the beauty of the thing! Can you see it, too? It's the site link, but it MUST GO. I had it configured so that the banner itself was clickable. What the *bleep* happened?

I see a lot of disenchanted B-users moving over to TypePad and WordPress. Some are paid blogs, from my understanding; then there is Movable Type which is DIY... Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, December 10, 2006, Blogger Carrie K said...

Ditto to what Debbie said. Blogger wouldn't let me post at all and typepad was worth the money for the aggravation and time saved.

 
At 10:32 AM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Stick said...

Blogger pissed me off daily!! I hated it!! I moved to Typepad and like it. But am wondering if getting my own domain isn't worth it, too? I'm not all that great with design and code, but maybe with a book, I could learn. It's something that might be in my future. If you do that, let me know how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home