Thursday, December 14, 2006

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bouncing off the walls, it's here, it's here, it's HERE! My loom is HERE!

I went to bed at 4:00 AM and woke up at 8:30 AM because I couldn't sleep for fear of missing the delivery (that's 3.5 hours of sleep, people). Then I drank coffee and paced until I heard the far-off sound of Brown roaming the neighborhood. It's amazing how attuned to noises your ears can become.

Finally, it chugged down my street. I watched from my front window, twitching like a nervous bride. Or a kid on Christmas Day. Which I guess it was, sort of. Brown ambled down the street... four more houses, three more, two more—WHAT?!? Why are you stopping there?!? It goes here... oh. Someone else had a delivery, too.

*Insert sound of rapid-fire foot tapping*

Neighbors aren't home. Two hours later (it seemed, thought it was only two minutes)... IT ARRIVED! Three boxes later...

It arrived at 1:29 PM. It took me 1.5 hours to carefully unpack the boxes and inventory the parts. Yep, there is a list. Ever put together one of those Sauder entertainment centers (or similar)? Same deal. Only three times as many parts.

All the wood needs to be lightly sanded and oiled first. They provided both sandpaper AND oil... and, they included the screwdriver! Not a cheapo one, either, it's a Pratt-Read #2 Phillips. Which may or may not be high quality, but it's a real screwdriver that will be a nice addition to my toolbox, not the kind you toss aside with a grimace before rummaging through your own tools for a decent one.

I'm starving (who can eat on Christmas?), so I'm going to grab lunch, then head out to the general store (Ben Franklin's) to get chamois rags, gloves and two more skeins of yarn for the Besotted Twins. Tune in later for progress pictures!

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, December 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new addition and good luck with assembly. I like to think of myself as, "handy" and get pretty jazzed about new tools. Love the idea of a new screwdriver!

HM would like me to pass on a message: Tag! You're it!! RM is grateful for the assist...

 
At 7:37 PM, December 16, 2006, Blogger Stick said...

W'HOO!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home