Sunday, December 17, 2006

Still Here...

Yes, I promised pictures... I have the preliminary shots, just haven't uploaded them yet, nor have I made one iota of progress on actually building the loom. It's the week before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature is stirring except for the crazed knitter who is trying desperately to finish an unreasonable amount of work in seven measly days who stayed up until 5:00 AM after knitting a sock up to the heel turning point. Like I really thought it through when I said, "sure, I can knit two pair(s) of socks, three scarves, one pair of Fetching, and a skinny scarfette in three weeks. No problem."

The socks are Cookie's Monkey pattern from this month's Knitty. It's fun. It's complex. It took me all night. My fingers feel like they are wrapped in cellophane and my wrists are aching (don't worry, I already have carpal tunnel) because I'm trying to knit faster than usual without breaks. But I love knitting it because it's such an interesting design, lots of finger gymnastics. I'm definitely making myself a pair after Christmas (and taking the time to enjoy it).

*yawn* Well, it's almost 6 AM now. Time for bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home