Monday, December 18, 2006

Tension Issues

Think I'm a little tense?




This was a BRAND NEW size #1 Brittany DPN with which I was knitting Monkey. First project they were ever used on. Hey, I was only trying to k2tog. Geez. And the LYS is closed Mondays.

Thank the Needle Gods it wasn't one of my Crystal Palaces.

Oh. Forgot to mention in the loom excitement that I fixed the Celtic Knot scarf (successfully). It has been washed and blocked and is waiting to have its ends woven in. Still no progress on the loom. I knit the sock all day. Note to self: though we love love love complex patterns, they are best chosen for projects with longer deadlines; when Christmas is a week away, choose fancy yarn but plain ol' ribs. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

Oh, NO! Man, that stinks. I've done that more than once with bamboo needles. Apparently, I have trouble with the concept of "relax" while knitting. :(

 
At 12:13 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger Jeanne said...

Is that it? I thought maybe it was the yarn's fault. I'm knitting with a cotton/wool sock blend. I blame it on the cotton. ;-) If I heard my LYS guy right, Brittany has a lifetime guarantee or something. Maybe I can get a free replacement toothpick—er, needle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home