Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Old College Try

It ain't what it used to be. Yes, it's 2:14 AM. Yes, I should be in bed. Yes, I have to get up early for a 10:30 class (with a half hour of circling the commuter lots for an empty space while playing Dodge-Em cars with the others doing the same, then giving up and heading for the prohibited Faculty-Staff lots* but still enduring a 15-minute walk in bitter cold winds** and barely arriving on time, out of breath and the only one in class who sounds like she needs a lung transplant). But I've been so busy the past 48 hours I needed a little down time, and when I need down time, I head for BlogLand.

Now that I've read up on what everyone else is doing, it's my turn to tell you what I've been doing. Except, details will have to wait***. I'm exhausted!

Monday: classes ALL day. Four of 'em. Law for Entrepreneurs; Intro to Economics; a two-hour break between, then Surface Design Techniques (painting/dying fabric); a one-hour break for dinner, then Weaving.

Tuesday: one class. Creativity & Innovation for the Entrepreneur. Fascinating class. Lots of work. Rest of the day free. Except I spent it digging through my still-packed belongings looking for my old supplies from when I took similar classes, then shopping for more supplies, then warping for a scarf exchange at the Weaver's Guild meeting, then making a casserole for the potluck at said meeting, then coming home and reading Economics, cleaning up the yarn messes, the kitchen, the cats...

Ack. I must sleep.

* Dad was a professor emeritus. Mom's car, which I inherited, still bears his shiny metal "I'm a professor emeritus therefore I can park anywhere I damn well please" tag. Is it a sin to benefit from the perks of a dead person even though I paid for my "I'm a lowly student who doesn't even live on campus therefore it's ok to expect me to park so far away from campus that it may have been quicker to walk from my house on the other side of town" tag fair and square? ...I think it's just fine for me to do that.

**What the hell happened to the 50-60 degree balmy spring-like temps we were having? The minute classes resumed, so did winter. *sigh*

***I guess I went ahead with the details after all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, January 10, 2007, Blogger Stick said...

I think I'm jealouse! of the learning, at least. not the time comittiment to studying! UGH!

No, it is not a sin to benefit from dad's sticker. It's your "perk," for lack of a better word, for all the care and love you gave him when he needed it most. In the grand scheme of things, the sticker is nothing in comparison!

now, GO STUDY!

 
At 3:54 PM, January 10, 2007, Blogger tiennieknits said...

I say use the sticker for as long as you can. Can I say that I'm glad I'm not back in school? But you go, I'll cheer you on!

 
At 1:39 AM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Jeanne said...

Good, two votes for enjoying the perk. I am. Immensely. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home