Thursday, April 12, 2007

I Had No Choice

I worry too darned much. It's my nature, I guess. Mother always said I overworried. (They are always right, aren't they?)

I wound up having no choice in the matter of Law vs. Econ.

Meaning, I didn't have to choose one over the other. Law Prof had no problem with me taking the test after Econ. It was a non-issue, which I, of course, mentally blew way out of proportion and gave myself a conniption over it.

So, I went to Law, listened to the guest speaker; went to Econ, ACED the quiz because it was lifted from the quiz at the end of the chapter, so if you'd read it and done the self-quiz, you were golden (which I had); then I went back and took my test. I did OK, I think.

Hell, maybe I'll wind up pulling a B after all in BOTH classes.

I worry too darned much. I really have to stop this. But I thank you for your support and the "buck up it'll all work out" comments. It helps.

Tomorrow after class I'm leaving for Pittsburgh for a day. My fiber arts prof (K), a visiting scholar from Korea (whose name I can't pronounce), and me are attending the Fiber Forum at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts Saturday. It will be very strange sharing a hotel room with my professor. I know, she's just a person, but, y'know, weird. I haven't even met the other girl yet.

Two weeks left, then finals, then freedom (of a sort). Freedom from scheduled daily obligations. We don't want to tempt the Universe, now, do we? I plan to fill the void (left by 70 hours of schoolwork per week) with FUN stuff, stuff I WANT to do, not "have" to do. Like weaving for myself. Knitting. Sewing. Horseback riding and horseplay. Dyeing yarns and scarves. Painting. Sunning myself. Having a social life. In between cleaning and organizing the houses and finishing the Estate stuff, of course. But you know what I mean.

So, Universe? Don't get any ideas about rushing in to fill that void. I already have the Void rented out to other opportunities waiting in the wings. My Void has NO vacancies.

Have a great weekend, y'all. When I return, I'll remind myself to post my thoughts about Creative Abrasion. Laterz.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, April 12, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Phew! I'm so glad that it worked out and that the free time is looming! (see how I worked the weaving in there? Nice!!!!!!) Enjoy the down time.

 
At 2:40 AM, April 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you need a break! Glad things worked out for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home