Saturday, April 21, 2007

One Week and Counting

OY.

Only one more week. Think I can make it?

EVERYBODY screwed themselves on the Law exam. It was so bad, the instructor gave everyone an extra 15 points rather than have us retake it. I got like a 74. That's a C. After the 15 points.

SIGH.

Ironically, suddenly I'm doing very well in Econ. Acing the quizzes. Hmm. Could the change be due to the fact that he's forewarning us now, so that those of us who have to delicately balance study times actually have the chance to study? It's not that I don't bother studying... it's that I have to carefully plan my time slots and sometimes his slots and mine didn't correspond. I was going to study, but the quiz came a day early. You know.

Everything I've turned in for C&I class has received the total points possible. Aced it, aced it, aced it. My team meets tomorrow to wrap up our project. I spent all day on this blasted computer finishing the artwork for our game. It's pretty cool if I do say so myself. As long as the boys come through on their duties, we'll have it made.

As for fibers... suddenly I'm behind. Methinks it's a case of ambition being bigger than my ability at present. I'm not even halfway done with my warp—9 yards of 20 epi yarn at 32 inches wide, with a color pattern I could kill myself for doing... B is black, P is hot pink, V is variegated... it goes

B B P P V P B V V B P V P P B B

every 16 passes it starts over. Supposedly I'm doing an 8-harness wandering twill. With a stripe. OMG. I have to thread 8 harnesses. 20 ends times 32 is... a whole lotta ends.

It's supposed to be off the loom Wednesday.

Sure it is.

At least she doesn't expect it to be made into the final garment by then. That would be silly. I sewed the muslin of my chosen pattern. It fits my girth, on the first try. That should have been my warning. It's about a foot shorter than I wanted, and the armholes are too high up, and the sleeves are tight around the bicep—I hate that. So I have to dig out my old flat pattern book, make a new sloper, and design MY OWN pattern (which I should have done in the first place rather than trying to remake a commercial one).

The fabric I dyed for my surface design project came out absolutely beautiful.

Which is a problem.

Because now I don't want to rip it into 1/2-inch strips like I'd planned (then knit with them).

I might beg to rethink that project. Either dye more fabric, or do something with my yardage that maintains the integrity of it.

Again, due Wednesday.

And on top of all that, I came down with that damned sinus cold I've been carefully avoiding all semester. I GOT IT. Dammit. So I spent all day Thursday in bed asleep (until Grey's Anatomy) and lost a day of worktime.

Almost there. Just one. More. Week.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, April 22, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

It's hard to believe it when you are in the thick of things, but stuff always seems to get done. Hang in there and look ahead to that wonderful day that is just a week away! I'll be thinking industrious thoughts for you!

 
At 3:29 PM, April 22, 2007, Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

You can do it! You can do it! Just one more week....

 
At 11:16 PM, April 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine pom-poms flying and a megaphone with "Just one more week! Just one more week!" cheering you on ... a giant sigh of relief is in your near future :)

 
At 1:39 PM, April 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

 
At 12:56 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Jeanne said...

You guys are AWESOME!!! :-) Thanks for the support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home