Friday, May 18, 2007

I Have Been Tagged

Stick has caused me to dust off the old brain and actually think tonight. She's tagged me for the 8 Random Facts Meme. OK, I'll bite.

The Rules:
  1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.

  2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.

  3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.

  4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

8 Random Facts/Habits:
  1. I talk to myself a lot—actually carry on a two-sided conversation. That's not unusual. What's unusual is that sometimes I'm surprised by "my" responses.

  2. I hate wearing skirts, pantyhose and heels. HATE. I find a way to wear pants and some type of boot (cowboy or "equestrian") to every event—even weddings and funerals. The last time I wore skirt/hose/heels was in... let me think... uh... hmm.

  3. I won't eat lettuce, spinach or anything that is a whole leaf. No exceptions. I also won't eat it if it's shredded. Even if it is pulverized. But I will eat herbs as seasonings as long as they are finely shredded and dried.

  4. Watching someone eat chicken straight off the bone grosses me out. Needless to say, my chicken must be fully dissected and prepared before I'll even look at it. The same goes for other meats, but to a lesser degree. Chicken is THE WORST.

  5. I love milk. I can drink a half gallon a day by myself easily. It has to be at room temperature before I can really enjoy it.

  6. My musical preferences are rather eclectic. I can happily play, right in a row, Iron Maiden, Martina McBride, Journey, bluegrass, new age meditation music, Carlos Nakai (Native American flute), Soundgarden, the Violent Femmes, Indigo Girls, and maybe a disco song or two. The only music I cannot stand is rap.

  7. Throughout most of the 80s and 90s, I sang (and occasionally played bass or guitar) in a variety of rock bands: everything from an 80's hair band to a very loud screaming heavy metal band. I was SERIOUS about becoming a rock star.

  8. I've been on TV a few times in my life: when I was around 8 or 9, I was the "guest performer" (with my guitar) on a local children's show. I had to participate in the activities first, then play. It was great until I blanked out in the middle of "Für Elise" (where it modulates to major) and froze. It was a one-shot deal. No do-overs. God, I hate live TV. I blame this as the reason I'm so uncomfortable improvising on the guitar in front of people, but have no trouble singing. Last time was on the news when one of my rock bands put together an all-day local unplugged event at the mall, and they featured clips of our performance and interviews with us. I still laugh at our drummer's attempt to convey how serious we were about promoting the local rock scene and bringing it to the masses.
And now, I tag the following people (who hopefully have yet to be tagged, if you were, please pay the tag forward):
Turtlegirl, Tienne, Share, Carrieoke, Jen, Erin, Carole, and Ms. Sheepie Herself.

5 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, May 18, 2007, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh. No. You. Didn't. *sigh*

 
At 7:32 AM, May 18, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I will be doing one gi-normous meme-palooza type thing over the weekend! I am really rather good at random...

Meanwhile, those were some fun little KB facts! Taggings are a great way to get a little insight into others out there in the blogging world.

 
At 8:01 AM, May 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very interesting ... I'm highly perplexed by the room temperature milk thing ...

I've already done this one on my site ... check it out!!

http://erin.doland.org/archives/2006/12/ive_been_tagged.php

 
At 1:50 AM, May 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee hee! I believe I'm your complete opposite on just about all your facts. Also, I've already done this. No tag backs! ;)

 
At 1:12 PM, May 21, 2007, Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks for the tag! I'm puzzling over the room temperature milk too. Hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home