Monday, May 14, 2007

Just For Me

Well, I did it. I did something JUST for me.

A couple of months ago, while searching for a suitable pattern upon which to base my woven jacket, I found the most adorable pattern for a roll-up knitting needle case and a circular case (and tote, etc.):



photo from Butterick.com

I spent a good two hours looking at fabric until I found some great 70's inspired cotton fabric in the discount aisle. It's orange and hot pink and lime green and white. One motif is circles and dots; the other is a hippie floral. I just finished the roll-up case. It's tied with this great ribbon I found that is lime green stitched on the sides in hot pink. I'm so psyched. On board is the circular case. Same fabric, with a third contrast fabric for the pockets in solid lime green.

The only thing that frustrates me is that the top part of the roll-up (and most roll-ups) is too short for my big Crystal Palace DPNs, and I don't want to stuff them in with their longer straight counterparts in the lower section. So I'm thinking of making a pattern based off the roll-up to make a shorter DPN roll-up. IF I can still find the fabric. (Probably can.) Heck, I might even make the tote (although I saw a pattern for one I liked better in another catalog).

It felt SO GOOD to sew something up for fun!

Remind me if I forget to take daylight photos and post.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, May 15, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Doing for one's self is a "must!" That is a great bag and a nice treat for yourself now that you're on break.

 
At 7:21 PM, May 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool patterns! You must do for yourself!

 
At 12:08 PM, May 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we ever meet... will you show me how to sew?!?! I have a machine and no clue how to use it!

 
At 10:57 PM, May 22, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

The roll-up is cute - but are you going to make that bag?! It looks very spiffy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home