Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Crossing My Fingers

The desk may be saved after all. On the manufacturer's website, one can download instruction manuals and order replacement parts. I did both. My desk is under a five-year warranty; I bought it within the past two years. I figured out which parts I needed and ordered. Cause: "damaged after assembly". Hopefully it will be free; but to salvage this desk I'd be willing to pay a little if need be. After all, it has to be less expensive than buying the replacement desk I'm eyeing.

Besides, I love this desk. I don't want a new one. I just want to fix this one. That's rather unusual for me, I'd typically rush right out and find a new and improved model. So that tells you how much I love this desk.

I can live with the computer cart camping out situation for a little while if it means reviving my desk with particle transplants.

Other than that, I have done absolutely nothing today. All day Monday, I was focused on moving. In return, all day Tuesday I "paid back" one of my helpful friends by assisting him with crafting the perfect PDF'd resume, cover letter and sample portfolio. He's applying for a job developing boardgames (authoring them) but lacks the software to make the PDF. Little did I know I was in for TWELVE HOURS of helping him with it (there was a LOT of setup involved since it had to be ported from PC PageMaker 6.0 into Mac InDesign CS2, fonts and all). Oy. Well, it's only fair. I borrowed him for about that long Monday and he did have to move two stoves, a fridge, and lots and lots and lots of other heavy things.

But we were up all night tweaking his submission. I got to bed at 6:30 am and slept until nearly 2:00. I am wiped out. So I took the day "off". Tomorrow my mare gets her new boots and the gelding gets a trim. Maybe Friday I can tackle the box farm. Tonight is all about vegging and knitting, if I can get the feeling to return from my elbows down, darned unergonomic work station...

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Yay for the resurrected desk! I hate to replace furniture. I don't love all my stuff...but it's too much of a pain to drag home new, large things. I'll repair stuff any day! (and do...badly)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home