Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Won the Yarn Wars

It took two days of detangling, but I WON.

These are my mini-cakes of self-patterning sock yarn that I dyed in the workshop two weekends ago. The color motif is turquoise with white flecks to teal green/emerald to chartreuse to violet. This was taken at night; the flash makes the chartreuse look more yellow than it actually is. The base was Gems Pearl (or Opal—what's the dif again?). As always, click if you want a close-up.



And since I'm all photo-happy and the room is as clean as it may ever be, I present you with my beloved corner desk, revived, resuscitated, and reinvigorated:


The view from my desk (this is my creative studio, I guess, because it contains my graphics studio, my loom, my sewing stuff, and is where I'll do most of my designing):


Finally, the Stash Closet:


About the closet. It runs the full length of that wall (basically to the edges of the photo). There are huge tubs hidden behind the walls that the sides of the bookcases are up against. You can just barely see the ones to the left. There is another whole set of them on the right and yes, they all graze the lower shelf.

But there is still a little room for more... muwahahahaaaaa!

Bookcase to the left: all knitting, weaving, sewing, fibers-related books. Bookcase to the right: all designing books (software manuals, How-To's, design concept books).

I love books. I love yarn. I have more books. They are in one case and two towers in another room. I need a library.

Well, tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 29 again for the 15th time.


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

29 is a very nice age to at which to hit the "pause" button. I'm so very glad that the yarn decided to make the right decision and celebrate your birthday by behaving. I'll bet that it just wanted to live in the nice studio!

 
At 10:29 AM, June 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I saw that Stash Closet, my jaw hit the floor and I turned GREEN with envy! Oh the envy!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 7:47 PM, June 29, 2007, Blogger Jeanne said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Stick, you realize that I've been collecting for a long, long time... right? ;-) And that it started with a yarnheritance from my sister when she stopped (!) knitting?

OK. You're right. Don't be humble. It's MINE ALL MINE muwahahahaaaaa....

J/K.

 
At 11:57 PM, June 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! What a fantastic creative room for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home