Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tangled Up and Going InSkein

Today's Plan:
  • put dishes in dishwasher
  • skein up the self-patterning sock yarn I dyed in that workshop two weeks ago
  • put away the skein winder and warping board
  • clear off the buffet table (that the skein winder, warping board and yarn were occupying) in preparation for some KoolAid dyeing this weekend
  • clear off dining table
  • unpack boxes of kitchen stuff and put away
  • eat a delightful dinner
  • watch TV for a bit before bed, maybe knit a little bit
How it REALLY went:
  • put dishes in dishwasher CHECK
  • skein up the self-patterning sock yarn I dyed in that workshop two weeks ago
  • spend five hours attempting to detangle self-patterning yarn
  • give up and go online
I was told that all I had to do was put each of the color band sections around a can (or a peg on the warping board) to keep it separate from the others, and wind off the skein. What wasn't accounted for was: transporting the skein from workshop to home; moving skein around in the home; color band sections getting wound around each other in the meantime.

SO FRUSTRATED!!! This yarn tangles upon itself and ties itself in knots when it is standing still. It's possessed. I swear.

All right, it's thundering now. Best shut down the computer and go eat. Tomorrow is another day.

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, June 27, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I've had my own issues with the tangling yarns lately...it is a consipiracy, I tellya!!!!!!

The yarn is angry, people. Very angry.

 
At 10:30 PM, June 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when plans go awry!

 
At 6:00 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

ARGH! I had some laceweight once that I swear some malicious @*^&@ had intentionally twisted all up in the skein. I've never had one go THAT badly awry before or since!!

ARGH!!!!!!!

 
At 8:43 PM, June 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possessed yarn must be exorcised before you can do anything with it. You might try ignoring it for awhile as a punishment.

Step away from the computer during a thunderstorm! Eek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home