Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ankle Update I

Since it's not an emergency, I'm seeing the doctor at 2:15 PM Thursday.

I can walk. I can also, apparently, drive, though I wish now that I hadn't. But I was receiving a large cosmic nudge to head to the music store for a software app called Groove Agent (the virtual drummer) and absoposi had to go rightnow. Ouch.

You know it's sore when your cat lays on the floor at your feet, casually flops one delicate hind leg next to your ankle, and you flinch.

OK. I promise. I won't move any more furniture today, nor will I drive, nor will I lift heavy bins full of comforters, nor will I engage in tap dancing lessons. I'm done. Going to bed. I think.

Or I might stay up and create some wicked beats.

Or maybe not *yawn*.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, October 25, 2007, Blogger becky c. said...

AAAHHH! I get a couple days behind on blog reading and you go out and cripple your self! Yikes, dude! I hope it is just a sprain and you feel better soon. We will wear jammies to Insanknitty any day you want.

 
At 6:01 PM, October 25, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Good girl. You rest up and stop trying to do it all. Sheep's orders. And those are even more sternly delivered than doctor's orders. You may knit. Sit, knit and maybe nap.

 
At 9:04 PM, October 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeanne, I'm sorry that you had an accident! I am a fellow knitter/weaver/reader from cyberspace.. I live in New York and attend FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) I am taking my 4th weaving class there, thru the Textile Design department. We are beginning to learn pique, pleats and supplimental warps, all with 2 seperate warps. I am also the editor of the New York Guild of Handweavers newsletter. I work full time as a patternmaker for Ralph Rucci- I make his evening gowns. I have been knitting for 40 years (YIKES!)- I'm 49 years old and weaving since July 2006. I found your blog because I am searching for a copy of the book "Knitting on the Loom" by Birgit Olson Barron. When I did a search, your May meme post came up. Jeanne, I missed bidding on this book on a recent eBay auction because I was in school, and the only other copies I have found start at $44 plus postage, which is too rich for my blood. Would you consider selling me a scanned/emailed or photocopied/snail mailed copy of your book? I can offer you $20 via Paypal or check. I don't know if it is worth your effort. Would you please consider it? I would be very grateful. If you'd like to read more about me, I have created a webpage for my dog, Fog, and there are stories there about our life. People seem to get a kick out of it. It is www.foggytales.com
Thank you for reading my post, and I hope your ankle heals soon. Best regards,
Gail Gondek & Fog
msthimble@aol.com

 
At 12:08 AM, October 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it went well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home