Monday, November 05, 2007

Negatory on the Negativity

Y'know that saying: "Damned if I do, damned if I don't"?

I was just watching some videos on Byron Katie's blog (another in the Law of Attraction genre) and happened to read a comment that mentioned that phrase. The commenter then said she felt more blessed than damned, and that got me thinking.

How "damning" is that phrase, anyway? It's negative, no matter whether you "do" or "don't".

So let's employ one of BK's techniques, "turning it around".

From now on, I'm going to try to remember to say:

"Blessed if I do, blessed if I don't".

That has a nice ring to it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, November 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! It's all in the way you think.

 
At 12:01 PM, November 05, 2007, Blogger sarah lou said...

i'm definitely with you on this one. i was just thinking this morning of all of my fun saturdays lately and how i'm a tiny bit concerned i might have some not-so-fun ones to balance it out... but at the same time sometimes the go go go-ness of it all makes me crave a low-key weekend... well... as you said... blessed if i do, blessed if i don't. :) i'm happy to know you, jeanne. :)

 
At 4:59 PM, November 05, 2007, Blogger becky c. said...

Amen, sister! I will try to remember that.

 
At 6:31 AM, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you listen to Podcast? I've been doing my daily walk and listening to Law of Attraction Tips. I've believed for a long time how someone thinks creates their world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home