Thursday, November 08, 2007

Nose-Blowing Good Time

OK, Kellie Pickler on the CMA Awards tonight. Anybody else catch her performance? When Mrs. Brad Paisley (Kim "Father of the Bride" Williams) announced her and said that spiel about the song "I Wonder" hitting close to home, I thought back to what Kellie had said about her background when she was on American Idol. Then I heard the song, and as I listened to the lyrics, my thought was:

Oh, shit.

If I were singing that song with those words on NATIONAL LIVE TV, about my momma, knowing my momma might just be out there somewhere listening to me, I don't think I'd be able to hold back my emotions. I'd be bawling like a—

Oh, shit. There she goes.

And there I went, too.

She may not have the strongest voice in the bunch, but she delivered the most honest performance I've ever seen. Talk about feeling a song.


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, November 08, 2007, Blogger becky c. said...

Oh jeez, too early in the morning for that video. Now I'm crying in my cereal.

 
At 9:23 AM, November 08, 2007, Blogger KTMay said...

Oh man...wow...poor baby. Things are most definitely looking up for her, though! Can't imagine ever leaving a baby behind...ok...tears.

 
At 11:08 AM, November 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, wasn't that amazing? I was out watching the awards at Wild Horse, just down the street from the actual event. I about bust out in tears when I saw that. I tivo'd it, so I can watch it again in private and cry then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home