Friday, March 14, 2008

Change My Name?

So, Rabbitch took this quiz and was nonplussed by the results. In the comments, others said they got a result that was very similar to Rabbitch's. I took the quiz using my name, my stage name AND my birthname, and got similar results.

This leads me to believe the quiz is a come-on, not really a result.

So I made up a name. Surprise! Different results. Whaddaya think? Should I rename myself? It does have quite the ring...





What Ignabadoodle Means



You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing.

You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long. You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.

You are deeply philosophical and thoughtful. You tend to analyze every aspect of your life. You are intuitive, brilliant, and quite introverted. You value your time alone. Often times, you are grumpy with other people. You don't appreciate them trying to interfere in your affairs.

You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people. You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts. You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are full of energy. You are spirited and boisterous. You are bold and daring. You are willing to do some pretty outrageous things. Your high energy sometimes gets you in trouble. You can have a pretty bad temper at times.

You are balanced, orderly, and organized. You like your ducks in a row. You are powerful and competent, especially in the workplace.

People can see you as stubborn and headstrong. You definitely have a dominant personality. You are well rounded, with a complete perspective on life. You are solid and dependable. You are loyal, and people can count on you. At times, you can be a bit too serious. You tend to put too much pressure on yourself.

You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow. You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily. Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is. You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone. You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.

At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.

What's Your Name's Hidden Meaning?


In other news, we sold Lot #2 of Grandma's property for very close to the asking price this week.

YAY!

This is empty land ready for construction. We've already done the preliminaries—perc tests (passed), surveying. I figured it would work. I just wish I had the finances to be able to sit on the land for a few years and build myself then sell the homes.

*sigh*

Oh, well. Maybe by letting go of an opportunity that isn't that possible for me right now is creating the opportunity to make someone else's vision a reality. Maybe giving it up today will, someday, bring about an even better opportunity for ME where I'll be able to benefit (like the guy who builds on this land). It's a challenge, but it's important to look at this not as my lost opportunity, but as helping someone else seize their opportunity coming at the perfect time. That's positive energy. This ensures that "great opportunity at the right time" energy will find its way to me someday.

When I'm really ready for it.

It's sad, because now the dream of preserving the family land (what's left of it) for the next generation is officially dead; but it's good, because it brings us one step closer to resolving the estate issue forever. (I said "what's left of it" because the house once sat on over 100 acres of farmland. But my Uncle H was farming it at the time of Grandma's death, and he was willed that acreage—if he paid it off—and my Mother got the house and just under 9 acres. There were four kids, but two had already passed. Uncle H then promptly turned around and sold off all the farmland.)

Next to go will be Lots #1 and #3. Lot #1 includes the house and will be the most heartbreaking for me, even though it's very old, needs tens of thousands of dollars worth of repairs (or demolished, take your pick) and has features I couldn't live with as I age (such as a very steep staircase angle and longer stairs due to high ceilings that my poor knees can't take). It was Grandma's house. Memories.

The last Lot, #3, is a slightly smaller piece of buildable land. I can let that go easily. It's the house that'll haunt me.

But time passes, things change. Life goes on. And so must I. Thank you for lending your prayers to this. The day after the request was made, we got the offer. It really does work.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, March 16, 2008, Blogger Karen said...

That quiz just rearranges the paragraphs, takes one or two in and out... LOL But it was fun to play with. I'm a rebel and get into trouble from time to time.
;-)

Been thinking of you, J!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home