Friday, January 16, 2009

So Long, W!

Warning: liberal and full of Bush-bashing

So Bush's outgoing speech declares that we as a nation will "never tire, never falter and never fail".

Anyone who has done an in-depth study of the LOA and NLP is shaking their heads in disgust right now because they know, as I know, that Bush's declaration is full of NEGATIVES: which means, if his desire is that we avoid experiencing these things, well, he Bushed it up as usual.

Remove the negatives and what do you get?

Tire, falter and fail!

Bush just declared that our nation will do exactly that. Nice going, W.

And his White House took "decisive measures" to safeguard the economy? Whose economy, might I ask? Certainly not mine.

The last bit of moosepucky to which I must respond is this bit of self-serving drivel:

As the years passed, most Americans were able to return to life much as it had been before Nine-Eleven.

Oh, really? I'm sure I and the other hundreds of thousands of people who have been struggling financially, who have lost their jobs and have been unable to find another even with a PhD in many cases, would disagree with that statement.

For me, "life before 9/11" meant I had a house with a mortgage I could afford because I had a JOB that paid well and seemed stable. But AFTER 9/11, that changed. I was working in print production at a print shop. Our clients were ad agencies. Anyone who has ever been near the ad industry is aware of the parasitic symbiotic relationship between advertising and the state of the economy.

When the economy collapses, so do the ad agencies because the first thing businesses do is find an area in which to cut costs. The first area they look at is advertising, THEN payroll, because advertising is a "luxury" (in their eyes, even though we were taught in ad classes it's the opposite). So the businesses that provided the ad agencies with the meat, potatoes, bread and butter pulled their projects and tightened their belts. No ad work meant nothing to print. No print jobs meant nothing for me to do all day, and my company had to tighten its belt too, so...

To be brief and to the point: 9/11 happened, the economy crashed, and so did my job as well as my industry. And there it has lain for the past seven years.

The seven years following 9/11 have been the worst years of my life, financially speaking, coupled with the whole parental loss thing. There have been bright spots, of course, but...

I'd GLADLY go back to my pre-9/11 life. Sorry, Bush. You're full of it, and I am so looking forward to Tuesday January 20, 2009. Bring on the Obamanation.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, January 17, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

 
At 12:35 PM, January 17, 2009, Blogger Brena said...

Only 3 more days!!!!!! Woot!

 
At 4:47 PM, January 17, 2009, Blogger Karen said...

And don't let the door hit ya' in the ass on the way out!

I had to blog about 6 things that make me happy... Obama is one of my six! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home