Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Meme

Because I have no real news, I stole this from Nicole's Blog:

Song I Can't Stop Playing Over and Over Again:
"Through Your Eyes" (Bambi II, Martina McBride, because it so totally describes my relationship with my horse)

Make for dinner tonight: "not" dogs and mac n cheese.

Currently drinking: milk

Playing on the iPod right now: no such device in this house!

Currently reading: "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac. I'm only about 30 years behind on my classics. ;-)

Laughing about: "The Engineer's Guide to Cat Yodeling", which is really hysterical after about 1:11!

Currently knitting: a sock, I think. Oh, actually, I've been crocheting more recently.

Anxiously awaiting: a job interview

In need of: a job

Playing on the iPod now: No such device, I said!

Will soon attempt to learn: how to jump my horse over things (on purpose)

What's keeping me busy: applying for jobs

Hyped up about: God

Waiting for: someone to hire me for a JOB

Something I need to do tonight if it kills me: return library books ON TIME (done!)

Craving: a thick, juicy well-done steak, sweet potatoes, green beans, and applesauce (see: "not" dogs and mac n cheese, above)

Hell hath frozen over because: I'm buying a used reel mower and actually mowing the lawn myself this year (and going green but not because it's trendy; because it's less expensive, no gas, lighter mower, easier to use)

Playing on the iPod now: This is getting redundant...

If I had magical powers: I wouldn't need a JOB because I'd have a billion dollars in my bank account right now

Can't believe: that I'm still looking for a JOB

Looking forward to: when I have a JOB

Also looking forward to: my birthday in June (only because it means I'm still breathing)

Trying to decide: whether to bother taping my L2 Online again or just wait and see if the first one passes

Must figure out: how to survive without a JOB unless I get one here soon.

****
OK, I guess there is a bit of news. A former riding buddy from my old barn died in a car wreck Sunday, she was close to my age and it really freaks me out.

What else? Uhh... taped my Parelli Level Two Online video, made the April 30th deadline (for a free assessment), not sure if it's gonna fly or not but if it doesn't, it was good practice.

Dyed a couple of skeins of yarn...

Cats and horses, all fine...

Cleaned out and reorganized the kitchen utility closet, the pots and pans cupboard, and what used to be the mixer/tupperware cupboard. Lots more room, stuff is put away, and I discovered that my Mother had five shoeboxes full of SHELLS from every beach trip ever taken (in the utility closet). Now—any idea what to do with the two half-full cans of PSSST! hair cleaner, circa 1970, that are not allowed to be punctured or incinerated?

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, May 07, 2009, Blogger GABY said...

Wishing you the mother of all JOBS!! think positive, it will happen ! :)

 
At 6:42 PM, May 07, 2009, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I think that the whole "job" thing is overrated. At least that is what I think today. OTOH, they do come in handy when you need to pay the bills. Best of luck in the job search! May you find the perfect one. It's out there...just waiting for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home