Saturday, May 09, 2009

Rest Less

My God, I feel so restless I could jump out of my SKIN and
          nothing seems to abate it

It’s been windy all day, blowing blowing blowing,
          even the air seems not to want to stand still

I putter about try to find something to occupy but nothing focuses
Nothing wants my attention on it for too long
I want to run, but I don’t know where I’d go
Driving takes gas and gas takes money and money takes time to make,
          more time than to spend

Every room feels itchy
Now the sun shines, offering itself as consolation for the edgy breeze
There is no potential now, the day is nearly done
But I still wanna run
And I don’t know where
Just out of my skin, please

©2009 JRB

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, May 10, 2009, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

That is exactly how I felt yesterday! Today was much better, but now the weekend is over and I feel like I missed out on a whole day. Hrumph!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home