Friday, December 22, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me

“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

  1. I am deathly afraid of large botanical plants, i.e., leaves, to the point of hysteria. Catalpa trees, rhubarb, burdock, philodendrons, anything you find in California, rubber trees, elephant ears—the bigger, veinier and rufflier the worse it is for me. I can't watch movies or tv shows set in the jungle (which is why I know nothing of Survivor or Lost). My worst fear is to fall face down onto a large leaf. Somebody else has to weed the garden. I've paid people to remove things that most people would pull and not think twice.

  2. I do not eat lettuce, spinach or anything leafy (see #1 above). I'll eat basil/oregano/spices if they're crushed beyond recognition, but I won't eat lettuce/leafy greens even if it's pulverized.

  3. I was a vegetarian for about 10 years. Not very successfully (see #1 & 2 above). But I do eat a lot more soy products than actual meat. Facon (soy fake bacon). Fauxage (soy fake sausage). Notdogs (self-explanatory).

  4. a. I have prophetic dreams. Unfortunately, they always seem to tell me when someone is going to die (human or animal) or something bad is about to happen. If I could only use my talent for good, like winning the lottery.
    b. I also believe in signs.*

  5. I hate it when other people straighten up my stuff. My house is a terrible mess, but I can usually find stuff when I want to because I remember which pile it is in. It's when I straighten up and put things "away" that I lose stuff. Like moving this year to Mother's in a rabid hurry. I did it in a fairly organized fashion. Yet, I can't tell you where my old cell phone adapter is. The friend who used to care for my cats when I went away had an obsession with trying to "help" me. When someone who doesn't live with me tries to "help" by cleaning up for me, it usually winds up making more work for me, or me temporarily losing something important (because it was in a Kroger's bag). Case in point: said friend did all the dishes in the sink, and put cat dishes/silverware away with people dishes/silverware. Then, she threw away some "old ratty flattened boxes that were all torn up". OK. I should be appreciative. I am, to the thought. But... ewww, unsterilized cat dishes? Plus one of the spatulas had been used to unclog a toilet (I knew which one it was because it was separated from the rest). And the old boxes were Zander's favorite place to lay on because the tile was too cold. Luckily I retrieved the Kroger's bag with I can't remember what in it from the garbage. I had a chat with her and politely and delicately asked her PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT clean my house while I'm gone. It was really hard for her to stop herself, but she tried. Now that I've moved, another friend is caring for the cats and this one won't clean even if I beg. Whew!

  6. I used to live on ketchup sandwiches on white bread with the crusts cut off. I also used to hate mustard, onions, green peppers, pizza, and green beans. Now, I eat and love all of those. But no more ketchup sandwiches, and no more white bread. Whole grain or rye or forget it.
I hereby tag the following individuals: Velma, Cara, Carrieoke, NotScarlett, TrishJ (DUDE!), and last but not least, FiberQat. You are hereby invited to participate in this Meme. If you have previously been tagged by someone else, my apologies, and please pass the tag on to a hapless victim good friend.



* About signs: My cell phone died. I went to AllTel Thursday to see if it could be fixed (it couldn't, and my plan expired months ago). The salesguy expounded upon the features while I looked over the vast array of new phones. The phone I chose is the brand new chocolate-colored Samsung u520 which does everything except talk for me. It has a camera, camcorder, access to GPS and Mapquest, etc.

But I didn't really buy it because of the features... I chose it because of the POP (point-of-purchase) stand-up display. This is what happened: the salesguy handed me the POP so I could read about the features. In the middle of asking a question, I just stopped speaking mid-sentence when I saw it—THE SIGN.

In the POP photo, the phone was open, much like it is in the photo below. The display showed the name of the MP3 being played on the phone (yes, it does that, too). The song?

"Moon River" (Henry Mancini from Breakfast at Tiffany's). My Mother's favorite song, the one we had played at her funeral.

It was a sign. (C'mon. Nobody under 40 knows that song.) I took a picture of the display using the phone's camera and if I can figure out how to upload it, I will. It was just too bizarre.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, December 22, 2006, Blogger tiennieknits said...

OK, OK, so we're all weird! Thanks for posting!

 
At 7:10 PM, December 22, 2006, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Drives me nuts when someone moves my stuff!!! I'm not neat. But it's my mess. And I know where the stuff is. Well, most of the time anyway.

Great meme! Most suitably weird. ;)

 
At 10:42 PM, December 22, 2006, Blogger FiberQat said...

Your meme has been duly done, missy. Thanks for tagging me!

I had cleaners over when I was recovering from hernia surgery. They threw away a souvenir I was using to hold my dish scrubbers but saved stuff I would have thrown away. I nearly lost the scoop to the cat food when one thought that the can that held the cat food was the trash bin. This time I'm cleaning house before the people sitters come to help me. At least I'll be able to find my stuff.

 
At 1:33 AM, December 23, 2006, Blogger Carrie said...

I memed! Thanks for the tag! Your weird things cracked me up.... :)

 
At 5:20 AM, December 23, 2006, Blogger Jeanne said...

Yeah, we are all TOTALLY weird! :-) But I like it that way.

 
At 7:29 PM, December 26, 2006, Blogger NotScarlett Sarah said...

Finally done! Sorry it took me forever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home