Monday, March 19, 2007

Horror-Scopes

Maybe I just shouldn't read these things. They are so ambiguous that you don't know whether they are good or bad. Take tomorrow's daily, for example:
For March 19, 2007
An end or alteration to a legal or academic matter is likely in the months surrounding March 19, producing a significant impact on your income. New sources of income await.

Sounds good, right? Like, yay, finally the estate will close and I'll get my inheritance money and finally I'll be able to breathe again.

Right?

Or not. What with that nasty "Dad sold the stock" tax bill, it could be negative impact. I still don't know what the lawyer's fees will be (though he charges by the hour, not a percentage), nor do I know what the inheritance taxes will be. Or anything else. Then there is that last line about new sources of income awaiting. Does that mean, negative impact, but don't worry, you'll find the money elsewhere (too old to start pimping myself so that would mean either Wal-Mart is calling or maybe I can find a rich guy who is too blind to see I'm not 20 like I claim)? Or does it mean don't worry, even if it's bad, you're winning the Mega Millions jackpot this week so chill out?

{edited to add}Oh. Wait. I just noticed something. Legal OR ACADEMIC matter. Hmm. That changes things. That COULD be good, if it veers towards the academic sector, meaning... get into grad school, or something educational that will propel me towards success... silly me. I've been so focused on LEGAL stuff lately that my eyes just blocked out the words "academic".

Then there is THIS tasty tome. Note the bolded parts (my emphasis):
Weekly Horoscope for the week starting 19 March 2007
On Monday there will be a New Moon in your sector of travel, religion, beliefs, studies and connection with overseas people and places. Any ideas about travelling overseas should meet with success today. You may also embrace a new perception on life via the different people you will meet. Tuesday brings a clash between the Sun and Pluto which could bring a health matter to the forefront of your life that could change things irrevocably.[Oh, goody. What kind of change-my-life-forever health issue could I possibly have to deal with now? Wasn't losing Dad to MRSA then losing Mom to Cancer enough? Are they talking about my own health issues? or those of my horses? my cats? my family members? ARGH] On Wednesday the Sun will enter your sector of career, status and how you are seen in the eyes of the world and remain in this area for one month. You may rise to the upper echelons of society during this time, so state your case and present yourself as attractively as you possibly can. Your confidence will be at an all-time high, so make the most of this while you feel so good about yourself. You could receive recognition beyond your dreams during this time, and you may also receive some help up the ladder of success via someone very well known or a VIP. If you start your own business during this time, it will thrive and blossom beyond expectations. [Well, THAT'S good news. That means the scarves I'm weaving to sell in two weeks will be a big hit. Maybe I can just weave scarves for a living.] Friday brings a clash between Mars and Saturn bringing onerous obligations that will require you to work harder and longer just to make ends meet. [OK, well, that's not such good news. I'm already stretched to capacity. Help!] On Saturday Mars makes a helpful link to Jupiter which could see you embarking on a new work project, or starting a new company, that will include your business partner.
So. The week in Preview, eh? Maybe I should have gotten to bed earlier if I have all this to deal with this week. But I was weaving. Those scarves. The ones I plan to sell. I did three warps this week, all ready to go, and I warped my loom with the black warp tonight and got started. It took 45 minutes to wind each warp; each warp should produce three scarves (production weaving!). It takes 2 hours to warp the loom; and I wove 19 inches in a half hour. The scarves will be about two yards or so long, so I should be able to finish a scarf in about 2 and a half hours. True, there is tying fringe, washing, blocking and finishing to consider, but I think I can actually do this.

OK, really going to bed now. Have a great week, y'all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Maybe you shouldn't read the horrorscopes anymore!

 
At 12:39 AM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Jeanne said...

If only the one for Monday hadn't said "in the MONTHS" surrounding that date. Eeesh. Not just one day, but months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home