GratefulnessInspired by my most recent blog discovery, Three Beautiful Things, I've decided that today would be a good day to post my own three things of which I am grateful. Why not? Having an Attitude of Gratitude is essential to making the Law of Attraction function properly, so let's give this a whirl.
- No mail came today. True it means no belated birthday greetings, yarn deliveries, or other unexpected treasures, but it also means NO BILLS and no other unpleasant mailings. So I say, yay, no mail!
- Blue's wound has healed perfectly, and he got his staples removed today. He'd hate me if he knew I was telling you this, but I found it highly entertaining how worked up he got about the ride to and fro, vocalizing his opinions quite YOWLdly, when the actual appointment consisted of turning him over and having the vet take a scissor-like device and go POINK POINK POINK POINK "There you go, have a nice day." I'm grateful that the initial injury was relatively minor and that he healed quickly and beautifully.
- Air conditioning. Though our mid-80's temps are nothing compared to the sweltering occurring in the West, I'm still grateful for central air and the window unit in the cat's room that allows for more comfortable environs and relief from the Ohio humidity.
- OK, one more. My quarterly IRA update arrived yesterday as did a statement from one of my parents' accounts. Yay, both have earned interest or dividends substantial enough to mention. Yay interest and dividends!
- OK, make it FIVE. I'm grateful to be blessed with an extraordinary amount of patience. Otherwise, I would be a wreck after what's been happening with the Waving Lace Socks. First, I misread the chart BEFORE the beer on the 4th and did all knit instead of all purl for the first row. RIP. Second time, somehow added a stitch five rows into the scalloped edging, so I tinked. RIP. I was ready to start the second row for the third time when the join collapsed. No more connected circle! The new method of joining that I tried must not have been as stable for DPNs as it is for two circs. RIP. All the way back. I cast on yet again, and this time I used my standard join—add one more stitch and k2tog to join. So far, I'm only cast on. But I have patience. And that's a good thing.
Pretty good, eh? (See? I'm learning!)