Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Minor Update

The Big Secret
So far, things are moving along nicely. There are good reports arriving from points West. The timetable appears to have moved up by a couple of weeks—fingers crossed. It will be great.

Knitting
I know I haven't posted many photos here lately (of yarn, anyway). As a reward, I'll post some of my latest Stash Acquisitions, just for sticking it out this long. ;-) I have completed all 16 of my TKGA Masters Level One swatches. They just need washed, blocked, woven in ends, labelled, and packaged up. I'm in the middle of the hat. Yes, it's a low-key knit. But that's OK, as my mind is still a ball of mush and thinking (ie doing cables) is difficult for me right now. If I keep at it, I'll make my goal and have this out the door before the end of the month.

I'm also still working on the Waving Lace Socks and have added the Spiralling Sock from one of my KALs to the list. Too many socks. Not enough time!

Music
Hurrah for me, I've written a song. I'm 95% certain the latest edition of the lyrics is the final cut; but that could change depending on what my muse decides. (My muse being that great creative force in the sky.) Why this is monumental is because I haven't written a song since my parents became ill, let alone pick up my guitar. But I got all the recording gear set up, and Ron had emailed me some music needing lyrics, and one of them really struck a chord with me (no pun intended). I work in spurts. I listen, I hum along, I see where the melody wants to go. Then I mumble any snippets of words that come to mind. When it stops freeflowing, I stop, put it away, and let it marinate. I've been humming this song to myself for a week straight, watching it write itself in my head. I'm pretty satisfied with the latest version of the lyrics, but I'm not sure I've quite said what I want to say exactly how I want to say it.

Still, it feels good to be back in the swing of it again.

Horses
Do I have horses? I seem to have forgotten again.

Cats
All fine and furry as usual.

Estate BS
Still BS. But we're close to finishing up. Good, because I'm so tired of it. I want it wrapped up and the spoils dispersed equitably and ASAP. I've been living under the black cloud of this stuff for a full year now, following almost a full year of watching the parents go downhill. It's time for a positive change. It's time to get out from under the cloud, back into the sunshine, and live again. My horoscope swears that as of or around September 28th, I'll enter a fantastic period that'll last through May 9th where basically everything I ever wanted will arrive. Buh-RING IT AW-won!

Lottery
Hopefully I have the winning ticket tonight. We'll see.

That's all, folks.

Oh, yeah, pictures.


Dalegarn Tiur for the Winter Garden Socks (from Knit Socks!)


Sleeping Dragon Sock Yarn in Roses & Chocolate


Twisted Fiber Arts Arial Sock Yarn in Regiment


Hopefully these are visible and clickable. First time using Flickr to post (usually I use PhotoBucket). This is just a taste of what I snagged at Threadbear two weekends ago. Yuuuuumy. Sock yarn. *sluuuuurrrrp*


Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, August 15, 2007, Blogger becky c. said...

I know you'll like the Twisted sock yarn - that's what I made my Monkey socks out of. I also have a ton left over, enough for another pair of ankle socks at least!

 
At 10:53 AM, August 15, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Always nice to get some yarn shots!!! Makes for a happy morning here in Sheepland! :)

You've certainly been busy this summer. But it sounds like "good" busy for the most part. Congrats on flexing the song-writing muscles again. I'll be that felt great!!!

 
At 3:01 PM, August 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a tease...

 
At 3:41 PM, August 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleeping Dragon sock yarn in Roses & Chocolate.....I just love that. Pretty yarn too.

Estates always take an eternity. I warn my clients but they all think that theirs will be different (hope springing eternal & all that.)

Yay for writing a song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home