Monday, September 24, 2007

Missed My Own Blogiversary

Wow, I guess life really has been out of whack because I just realized I missed my own Blogiversary.

It was, ironically, September 11, 2006 when I cast on for this blog.

I've posted 221 times (not counting the ones I moved, I'm sure). Is that all? Only 221?

Well, I'm not exactly the contest type and there is so much going on right now I'd lose my head if it weren't attached, so... let's just leave it at acknowledging that I've been blabbering my life story—rather, eviscerating myself publicly—for over a year now with no intention of slowing down. My heartfelt thanks go out to each and every one of you who for whatever reason finds my mental meanderings interesting enough to read and respond to.

In honor of my first blogiversary, I'll state that I have cast on the mate to the Waving Lace Socks and am interested to see if switching methods but not needle sizes changes the gauge any. The first sock was done on size #1 DPNs. The second is being done on size #1 Addi Turbo Laces.

Oh. Yeah. I broke down and bought myself two #1's and two #2's (Addi's) in the Lace style. I have size #0's in the regular style and love them. Did I not once say that Addi Turbos scared me?

I also re-cast the Traveller's Socks on size I-don't-know-what-but-they-are-ridiculously-skinny Susan Bates blue double-pointed hypodermic needles. It's like knitting with hair (the needles) but it seems to have fixed the gauge issue.

I might have freaked out poor Stick when I told her I was considering spending a week doing just swatches of ALL the projects on my upcoming list just to save time.

Well, that's it for now. I've got another update to do on that other blog of mine...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, September 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Blogiversary!!!!!! Here's to another year of knitty blabbery!

 
At 12:47 PM, September 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! That pesky Stick freaks out about everything...

 
At 4:06 PM, September 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Blogiversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home