Friday, October 05, 2007

New Beginning

How painful was it to frog eight inches of carefully-constructed stranded colorwork?

Indescribable. Plus I was mad as hell at myself for doing what I always do—forging on, not really reading the instructions and advisements to carry the strands loosely lest the work be too tight nor the admonishments that too-loose stitches can be tightened later.

I ripped back all the way to the ribbing. SAD.

I looked at my needles expecting to see that this here idiot had been knitting on 0's.

What do you MEAN, these are 2's? And it was THAT TIGHT?!? Well, then... Gawdeee, should I be on 4's? Does Addi even make Turbos in 4's? *grumble*

I re-knit the first four rows of colorwork l-o-o-s-e-l-y.

Then I put it down and went to bed.

Then I had nightmares of being strangled by too-tight knitting with visions of vicious Addi's dancing snakelike around me.

Right now I'm contemplating which pattern will be suitable for the Araucania and whether I should set aside the stranded colorwork, cast on the Araucania, work on the CPH for a change, or dig out the Traveler's Socks that got lost in the shuffle. Or fix the horrendous oversight on size on my niece's Christmas Socks (2006—too short for her large feet). Or try to finish last year's Christmas scarves for my nephews-in-law. I procrastinate. Can you tell?

Or maybe I should take up stunt flying or some other hobby with less risk involved.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, October 05, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I always try to tell myself that every frogging comes with a lesson that I will never forget. Through gritted teeth, I tell myself that I am now a better knitter for having gone through the pain. After a while I actually realize this is true.

But not right after ripping out. At that moment, I hate myself and wish for the hours that I lost to the doomed project. I also eat many, many cookies. This helps nothing...but it seems like the thing to do at the time. ::hugs::

 
At 3:24 AM, October 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! At least you know you'll never do that mistake again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home