Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The PAIN, the PAIN!

Dear Social Life,

The reason for my sudden absence from you is because I am currently immobile.

Went out to run a couple quick errands. Drop off books at the library. Drop the mail in the box. Which I could have done at the library drop-off thingie if I'd been thinking about it but I wasn't and besides I had to go in to p/u a book. Anyway. Over to Barney's/BP for milk and lotto tickets.

I'd better effing win.

Because I effing twisted my mutha effing ankle in the mutha effing parking lot on a mutha effing UNEVEN SPOT in the pavement that should not have been there and now it mutha effing hurts all the way up my leg.

OW OW OW OW OW.

It's my right ankle. Yes, I drove home. Using my left foot. Shoulda been there. I need practice. VROOM screech VROOM screech VROOM screech VROOM screech VROOM screech.

I can walk on it. Sorta. It's still relatively close to its normal size. It's developing puffy spots and slight bruising. I heard a snap or pop or something when it happened and I did it REALLY hard. The kind where it flips in under you? Yeah. It was either a bone or a ligament—not sure which.

My ankles are weak. Plus being 188 whopping pounds doesn't help, with my skinny ankles, and do you know how narrow and tiny my poor feet are? Made to support someone long lean and lithe, not a heffalump like me.

So now I've got it Aced up and I'm contemplating between Ibuprofin or something stronger (leftover Darvies, perhaps?). I refuse to go to the ER. Besides. Who's gonna take me? I mean I can take me, but... if it IS busted, and I get a cast... they may not let me drive home even if I am rather accomplished (VROOM screech) with my left foot. I only have one friend in town—everyone else is a half hour away at best—and this happens to be the night she's up in Toledo.

Is it fair of me to be really snottily pissed off at Rocker Boy right now for abandoning me to live in Florida? (Oh. Yeah. For those who aren't caught up in the drama, he left to pursue better job opps elsewhere. It was amicable. He was basically on a long-term visit, anyway, not actually living with me permanently. Plus we're still talking about meeting up down south somewhere once I am ready to move, which might be a month or so. Or more. Depending on this ankle situation. So it's all good. Except for right now because I'm in pain and pissy and hungry.)

How do I tell if it's broken? Can you walk on it if it's broken? I want my mommy.

I'm so mad. It was PJ's night at InsanKnitty.

Signed,
Gimpy

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, October 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please go get yourself looked at! Take care of you!

 
At 11:54 PM, October 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get thee to a doctor! If it's broken, the longer you put off getting it repaired the worse it's going to be ... and I mean really worse! Are there cabs in Ohio? Maybe take a cab?? I'm so sorry that you hurt your ankle!! Ow!!!

 
At 7:58 PM, October 24, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Owwwww! That sounds painful!!! I was glad to read in the next post that you are getting it tended to.

Also being single, I drive myself everywhere. I even drove myself to the ER when I was having chest pains ten years ago. I drove myself back there when my hand was infected and I had to be in a sling. I drove during the Great Monkey Pox Bout of '06. I couldn't stand up...but I found a way to drive.

It can be done. It isn't the way things are supposed to be. But, it can be done. Feel better soon!

 
At 12:15 PM, October 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there just because you can't walk on it doesn't mean it isn't broken,I am currently ina cast and thought if i can walk it's fine,went to the er and sure enough it's broken.Feel free to email me tippytop100@aol.com

 
At 3:46 PM, October 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle (not to mention RB). I think you've got the right attitude; if you're meant to rendezvous in Florida (or anywhere) later on, you will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home