Thursday, November 01, 2007

Nightmare on My Street (30-Day Org Challenge)

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.

This is what happens when you move a 3BR house into another 3BR house while trying to clear out the one 3BR house because it's now an Estate (meaning sorting through and distributing two dead people's stuff but not being allowed to touch it until the lawyer says it's OK) then you have a roommate move in with his own 2BR house.



There is a sofa in there somewhere. And a floor.

True, said roommate has since relocated, but... he left behind some of his stuff because the trailer he rented wasn't big enough. He'll be back for it "later", or, as he said "we can load it on the big moving truck when we move you down to Nashville" (meaning me, meaning when we both move there and meet in the middle).

But I cannot live like this. It's the front room. The holidays are coming. I cannot open the front door. It is time. Thus, I have risen to the Organizing Junkie's 30-Day Challenge.

I dare you to join me. What a productive month this is promising to be.


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, November 01, 2007, Blogger sarah lou said...

i'm gonna do it, jeanne. thank you! admittedly, a smaller space than yours, but i think this is just the motivation i needed to find. :) good luck!!!

 
At 4:23 PM, November 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're going to have to post an "after" shot too!

 
At 5:33 PM, November 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my.... and I thought my Crap Room was bad. You win.

NASHVILLE! NASHVILLE!

 
At 5:33 PM, November 01, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I have a room that looks like that. And I live in a two bedroom condo. The two bedrooms are almost half of the entire space...so you can imagine how much junk I tried to fit into this tiny space!

I'll see if I can't catch a little of your organizational bug! Maybe your inspiration will do the trick. I've been saying I'm going to clean out that back bedroom for years now!

 
At 2:19 PM, November 02, 2007, Blogger Karen said...

You are not alone. Methinks I must investigate this challenge along with you, Jeanne.

 
At 10:58 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with ya! Arising to the challenge! You can do it!

 
At 10:37 PM, November 06, 2007, Blogger Dawn said...

It is going to be great when it's done. Good luck.

 
At 6:35 AM, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Been their with an estate I had to help handle. For us it helped having someone who was very good at organization and had no attachment to the estate. He kept us focused and moving forward. Still, it is never easy.

 
At 11:34 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Laura said...

Hello! Thanks for joining in the challenge. I'm so excited to see how your room turns out!!

Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home