Saturday, November 03, 2007

Nuisances

Sometime this afternoon, I was sitting on the floor sorting one of my boxes of papers (old bills and stuff that were haphazardly thrown into a box "to be sorted later"). Piles were growing—some in box lids, others beside the lids, a couple in my lap.

Cell phone rings.

With great effort, because of the necessity of relocating the lap papers, I got up off the floor to see who it was.

RESTRICTED.

Hmmm.

If it's AllSmell, there's usually a 1-800 number showing. Or it says AllSmell Customer Service.

Could be Ron, calling from his new cell.

Curious, I answer: "Hallo?"

Brief moment of silence followed by that connecting sound.

Female voice mumbles to someone.

OK, I think, it's a telemarketer? More background noise. Wait... it sounds like my friend D who rarely calls. I'm about to say "Hey, D—" when the voice becomes intelligible.

FV: "What are YOU doing today?"

Me: (politely) "Who's this?"

FV: (repeats) "What are YOU doing today?"

Me: (less politely) "Um, who IS this?"

FV: (nearly identical to earlier) "What are you DOING today?"

Me: (irritated now) "Who IS this?!?"

FV: (giggles) "What are YOU doing today?"

Me: (snottily) "Hanging up on YOU!" *click*

I mean, WTF? What the eff was that? If you're my friend, you'll tell me who you are. If you're a telemarketer, you'll tell me who you are. If you're a bill collector, you'll tell me who you are.

So who the F WERE you?

Like I have time for that kind of bull. And there's no way to get their number and pester them back.

Oooooogggh! What a nuisance.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

The Stupid Phone Gnomes need to get jobs or hobbies or something that will give their pathetic lives some sort of meaning. I hate the Stupid Phone Gnomes with an all-encompassing passion that exceeds the sun's heat.

 
At 5:59 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger KTMay said...

I'm sorry. I was wondering if you wanted to go to a movie. My bad. Hee hee.

 
At 2:09 AM, November 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How weird?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home