Saturday, December 29, 2007

End of the Year Meme

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Rode a camel.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

New Year's what?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope. That was last year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

See #3. Same answer.

5. What countries did you visit?

No countries. Only states in the US. I was in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, drove through West Virginia (on the way to PA) and Ohio (duh). Pretty good for someone who only left town twice for a total of six days.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

More money, more travel (for fun), more playing with horses, more peace, more clarity.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

None of them. I'm still reeling from June 7, 2006 and September 30, 2006.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Surviving.

OK. I can answer better. Making it through five college courses (three As, one B, and one C) in one semester. Fixing up my old house nearly singlehandedly to be ready for sale (learning to install toilets).

9. What was your biggest failure?

I'm no longer looking at them as failures, rather as challenges or lessons.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yup. Bunged up the left knee falling on ice on campus; caught a couple colds; sprained my right ankle; various bumps, cuts, cat scratches, bruises. Nothing dire or death-defying, though, thank God.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Gawrsh. Uh.... I'll have to say the Brawley bass I got on eBay.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Mine.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My family's.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Survival.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Ron.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Sixx: A.M. "Life Is Beautiful"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
In comparison to last Christmas, my first without my parents, freshly grieving? I certainly hope happier.
b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter. And quite appalled with myself.
c) richer or poorer?
Debatable. Technically I'm "poorer" because the current level of savings I've been living off of has diminished, but I'm on the verge of receiving the payoffs from selling my house, selling my grandma's property, and splitting the inheritance cash, so... I'll be much richer in the very near future.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Playing with and riding my horse. Doing things for me rather than stuff I "gotta" do.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worrying. Grieving. Wasting time being angry about things I supposedly cannot change when it turns out I really CAN change them (it's just not second nature yet).

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Same as always (sort of)—with my family in PA, what's left of us. The differences were location and noticeable absence of parents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Briefly, but it was unrequited.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Grey's Anatomy, the L Word, Dexter.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I try not to. Hate is a strong emotion. If you focus on hating someone, you'll only attract more of them into your life.

24. What was the best book you read?

The Attractor Factor; Life's Missing Instruction Manual; the Key; Zero Limits (all by Joe Vitale).

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Sixx: A.M. and Alter Bridge.

26. What did you want and get?

A new place to board my horses; a round pen for the boarding facility; new tennies and nighties; a new Brawley bass; Cubase; books on composing music in Cubase; a new lease on life.

27. What did you want and not get?

A husband.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

OF this year? Honey, I'm behind. I gotta wait until they show up on Netflix.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 44 and nobody in my FAMILY remembered or bothered to acknowledge it. Thankfully, my BFF remembered and we went out for Mexican. I had more than my share of Tecates with lime and wished the restaurant were actually IN Mexico, on the beach somewhere, so I could just grab an ice-cold six of Tecate beer and wander aimlessly through the sand all night.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Winning the lottery.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Bathrobes and slippers 24/7

32. What kept you sane?

Joe Vitale and a LOT of my own newfound ability to "talk myself down from the ledge".

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Nikki Sixx, for some reason. I thought he was so 1980s. But man, the dude is HOT. Nearly 50 and effing HOTTTTT.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Don't go there.

35. Who did you miss?

My parents.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

My Insanknitty friends.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

Despite how it appears, we actually are in complete control. Even the terrible awful bad stuff that happens to us was something we subconsciously attracted to ourselves because of the unconscious limiting beliefs and counter intentions we all carry around—all the programming input by everyone and everything in our "external" world. Only by learning how to control our thought processes can we begin to manifest changes in our lives. (Law of Attraction, baby.)

I also learned that it is possible to live on an entirely cash-only basis, without using a single credit card. (Mom and Dad would be so proud.)

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"It took a funeral to make me feel alive... just open your eyes... open your eyes and see that life is beautiful" —Sixx: A.M. "Life Is Beautiful"

Feel free to steal this meme for yourself. Linda’s keeping tabs on the participants, so check back there for links.


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, December 30, 2007, Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

Oh wow -- I love your #37.

Off to read more . . .

 
At 10:30 PM, December 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And #37 is why I gave up on having a love life. Oh well.

Hope next year is even better for you. Sounds like it will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home