Friday, December 07, 2007

Pair of Dimes Shift

Let's just admit that this blog is no longer about knitting, but about everything else.

Today, I found a short, free e-book by Bob Proctor, another LoA enthusiast, that had some startling insights for me:
Money is only used for two things. One, it’s to make you comfortable, an the more comfortable you are the more creative you will become. And the other purpose is it enables you to extend the service you provide far beyond your own presence.
Comfort and service. That's not what I was taught by parents/school/media. Well, comfort, maybe... but not service. Sad, because that's the more enlightened use of the exchange medium that is money.

Money will make you more of what you already are. If you're not a nice person, money’s going to make you a despicable individual. If you're a good person, money’s going to make you a better person.
(Well, that explains a lot about some people I know. I see now why certain people in my life have become more despicable lately, and it's merely the result of their believing they are soon to acquire more money. They don't even have it yet and already they are degenerating.)

If money magnifies what you already are, then... shit. I'm in trouble maybe.

If I already am a person who is confused, downtrodden, prone to depression/negative thinking (though I fight it every day—oops, sorry, I meant to say focus on changing that reality every day), messy, disorganized, and occasionally lazy...

Money will make me MORE confused, downtrodden, prone to depression/negative thinking, messy, disorganized, and occasionally lazy.

So the FIRST thing I need to do before even focusing on acquiring more money is to focus on becoming the PERSON that I want to be, the person whose qualities I would very much want to magnify.

Otherwise, I'll be rich and miserable.

I need to undergo a paradigm shift.

A Pair-Of-Dimes Shift. (As in I need more than just a pair of dimes in the pocket of my trousers...)

Yeah, my mind thinks weird sometimes. Just go with it.

But seriously. It appears that what I need to focus on even moreso than building a bigger bank account is building a better ME. First and foremost. That way I'll be magnifying good qualities rather than, uh, becoming despicable (like others I know).

Thoughts for the day...


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, December 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, it's not Pair of Dimes. It's Para Dig Ems. :-)

My "friend" that I blog about so much is exactly that person who became worser with money. I might borrow your blog theme today...

And you won't be more confused, if you're nice, you'll be nicer, but you might not be sure HOW to be nice until you sort out your goals.

 
At 8:00 PM, December 07, 2007, Blogger Robin said...

Very interesting post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home