Friday, December 14, 2007

Sock Yarn Contest

No, not my contest—MeanGirl's. She is having a contest. Visit her blog, 144 Inches of I-Cord, and leave a comment about your favorite holiday tradition. Winners will be chosen by random drawing and the prize is SOCK YARN. (I knew that would get your attention!)

In other more boring news, I spent 12 hours spackling, sanding, then touching up the paint in my old house (2-story, 3 BR, 1.5 BA, large eat-in kitchen, large LR), as well as caulking the tub fixtures and surround, fixing the dimmer switch (again) and having an actual plumber check for leaks then fix the hot water stop valve on the kitchen sink and replace the faucet for me which I could have done but hey he was reasonably priced, one less to do on my enormous list. This involved much bending, twisting, gripping, wax on wax off (Karate Kid reference), and numerous trips up and down two flights of stairs (second floor bathroom, basement fuse box, second floor bathroom).

Today I am SORE AS SH**. Not to mention the paint fume migraine from two of the colors. Let me repeat that.

SORE.

As.

SH**.

Did you get that?

Good. I am off to take a third Tylenol, buy my milk and lottery ticket, and commence an evening on the couch with self-motivating lapwarmers.

Once again. Sore as... aw heck. At least it's DONE. All that remains is putting my toys (tools) away and tidying up the space. Which photographed pretty well, I might add.

Finally finished.

Go enter Jen's contest. NOW! :-)


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, December 15, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Careful over there...you don't want to injure yourself again!!! Santa doesn't always feel as sorry for us when we hurt ourselves as I think he should. It doesn't increase the gift quotient on little bit!

Rest up and feel better. But, it has to feel good to be so sore due to finishing up a job like that. Nice work!

 
At 9:25 PM, December 15, 2007, Blogger Carrie K said...

But at least it's done. Go, you!

 
At 9:48 AM, December 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE house!!! Love it! We have cute houses down here too ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home