Monday, February 04, 2008

R.I.P. MommaMonkey

My God in Heaven. I just found out through Ravelry News and Lime & Violet that Gigi Silva, aka MommaMonkey of monkey-toes.net and the creator of Socktopia, has died from complications of a lengthy illness.

This is not just a shock because she was a fellow knitblogger (and confirmed sockaholic). It's a shock because last year I got to know her a bit through emails when I signed on to be a sock tester. She sent two sock patterns and yarn to me.

One bore the super secret codename Flames. It became Fawkes. My contribution is the orange one.

The other bore the super secret codename Sleep Socks.

Their destiny and true name will remain unknown. They wound up in hibernation, awaiting pattern corrections that, sadly, will never arrive. As I posted in the tribute thread on the Ravelry Forum (apologies to non-Ravelers for the link),

Every time I look at this yarn, I will think of the talented woman I came to know through blogs, emails and socks but not in person. Your family is in my prayers and you are in God’s Hands.

Rest in peace, MommaMonkey. I hope there is knitting in Heaven.


Any other tidbits I had to blog about are insignificant at the moment. But I'll tell you that Tyler is doing well, eating fine, and evacuating as expected. He's rejoined the herd. I've also been turned on to a supplement readily available at my LPS (Local Pet Store) for Feline Urinary Syndrome (FUS) that does the same thing as the Very Expensive Food and it's like a treat. I'll let you know how it works.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, February 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaww... I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope the pee-pee pills work.

 
At 12:31 PM, February 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Terrible loss.

 
At 3:48 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I'm so sorry. It must have been a shock. And to think of a pattern left unfinished...it's kind of like a life cut short. Just one more metaphor among many, I suppose. Take care of yourself and hug the kitties. It helps, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home