Saturday, July 05, 2008

It's Over

I'm in complete shock. I have not processed this yet.

My sister called.

The realtor called about the house down south.

Someone set it on fire.

Apparently the whole front of the house all the way to the attic is... gone. I don't know how gone. The story alternated between not salvageable to being blackened all the way up and needing to be boarded up.

I don't know how bad it is.

She said this was her worst fear.

I say, thanks, thanks for focusing on that.

I don't even know about the insurance. They usually send a half-year bill. I've looked EVERYWHERE. I was just wondering when it would arrive because it's about now that it would show up. The only thing I've gotten was a letter in April saying they'd changed the policy to a farmowner rather than farm and fire, and I'd be getting updated policy info and a statement in the mail later.

It has not arrived.

I might be disorganized, but I'm very careful with all the bills for the estate and my own bills. That is one thing I'm diligent about. Even so, I tore the place apart, searched the car, everywhere just to make sure I didn't overlook it or misplace it.

No such mailing.

The phone number doesn't take messages. It's in southern Ohio.

The last mailing said the coverage (farm & fire) that was being cancelled ran through the 22nd of June. But not to worry, it said, because we weren't losing our coverage, they were just cancelling the old policy to write the new one.

But they haven't sent it.

And I'm afraid.

I need faith more than ever right now. But all I can think is, "and there it is. I'm doomed." Because we can't sell it now. If we do, it'll be as land only, and we'll have to have it torn down. Unless somebody had the guts to buy it as is.

It's most likely arson, because it appeared to be purposely set. So there'll be an investigation. Regardless of the insurance issues. And that means further delays.

I don't understand why this is all happening. I was so very close to finally being free, finally having what Mother wanted me to have, finally having the possibility. So close.

I think I'm going back to bed. I can't handle life anymore. This is too much.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, July 05, 2008, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, Jeanne...I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry.

As I was writing the comment, I just happened to flash back on that post you wrote a while back about helping that woman find her keys. Maybe once you have found a quieter place in your mind, you can use that same strategy to find the insurance information or people you need.

Easy for me to say, I suppose. But I have this need to FIX things even when I can't...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home