Seven Deadly Sinz Meme and QuizOh, my goodness, they know me too well! Apparently, SLOTH is what will condemn me to hell. Ain't that the sad truth!
SLOTH (def.): n.
- Aversion to work or exertion; laziness; indolence.
- Any of various slow-moving, arboreal, edentate mammals of the family Bradypodidae of South and Central America, having long hooklike claws by which they hang upside down from tree branches and feeding on leaves, buds, and fruits, especially:
- A member of the genus Bradypus, having three long-clawed toes on each forefoot. Also called ai, three-toed sloth.
- A member of the genus Choloepus, having two toes on each forefoot. Also called two-toed sloth, unau.
- A company of bears.
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Since I am not a bear... I'm assuming my sin is related to #1. So without further adieu, here is:
The Seven Deadly Sins Meme!
1. Who did you last get angry with?
My sister. It was REALLY volatile, and the first real argument we've ever had (which explains a lot about our relationship—or lack thereof—over the past 45 years).
2. What is your weapon of choice?
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
Only if he hit me first and it was in self-defense.
4. How about of the same sex?
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
6. What is your pet peeve?
People who are completely out of touch with Consciousness, who only see things from a grounded earth-based POV, and who absolutely cannot allow themselves to see the other person's side of things.
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
I used to keep them, but I've been learning to let them go.
1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you don’t?
Brush my teeth.
2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up?
Uh, I was a traveling rock musician in the 80s. Do you really want to know? Fine. 6:00 PM.
3. Who have you been meaning to contact, but haven’t?
The barn manager.
4. What is the last lame excuse you made?
Aren't they all lame?
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
Yes. Then I ordered the product. I own the Magic Bullet Blender. AND I LOVE IT. It makes killer smoothies in like 10 seconds. ZZZZZRRRRRPPPP!!!! Done. Worth every penny.
6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?
Um... at the gym? Last fall. But loading and unloading an entire 10x12 storage unit, including the loading of a washer, dryer, stove, and rolltop desk onto, then off of, a pickup truck SHOULD count for something.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
OK. Fine. I'll own up. I don't turn the alarm clock ON. I just wake up when I wake up. Ah, the benefits of being liberated from the work force.
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat??
White and only if it's chunked up really good first. (Cannot dissect my food!)
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event?
Ulllgggh. Uhhh... either the time I tried to keep up with my alcoholic guitarist (1997) and drank 9 beers in one night (hungover like you would not believe, thought I was gonna die and oh btw he won) or the time I drank an entire bottle of NightTrain wine (1986, maybe?), not realizing when my friend and I would go through two bottles, though we split it, I didn't drink an entire bottle myself (guys can hold more)...
Yeah, I don't drink like that anymore. Notice both occurred before the year 2000. I'm lucky if I can manage three beers in one night nowadays (and still be awake).
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
Not really. It's there, but I don't have an issue with it.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy?
Spicy. I'm not that big on sweet or salty. Though I love chocolate, I don't like SWEET chocolate. Nor do I like bitter. I like... semi-sweet. Or sweet with salt (nuts).
7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought “lunch”?
What? Uh, no?
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
I'm sorry. I've lost count.
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
I'm sorry. I've lost count.
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?
Oh my gosh this is an embarrassing meme.
4. Have you ever kissed two people in one night?
*blushing* Yes... IT WAS THE 80s. I WAS IN A BAND. WE DID THAT. I don't do that anymore.
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
Eyes. Boring, huh?
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
Not that I'm awa—oh, wait, yes, I was, but it was a funny story. I'm in L.A. My friend and I are getting out of my car in front of Ricki Rachtman's CatHouse (major club at the time) for a night of rock n roll fun. This... er... individual approaches us and tries to interest us in partaking of, er, it. It was a young white male—in drag. In a miniskirt. And I think he batted for the other team. But he said we ladies were so fine he was willing to make an exception. He was flip and sweet about it. We just laughed, said no thank you, and complimented him on his outfit. Does that count?
7. Is love at first sight really lust?
Depends. Did they wind up married, or just make the most of the moment? If the former, it's not. If the latter, it's lust.
1. How many credit cards do you own?
I don't own them, the banks/companies own them. (I know. I'm in one of those moods today.) OK. I'll play nice. I no longer use them. I have one outstanding card, and that's Home Depot, and it's a smallish amount, and the only reason I used it was to buy the plumbing fixtures for the house I'm trying to sell, figuring it can get paid from the proceeds of the sale, thus not coming out of my survival money. Plus it had 12 months no interest no payments. It's due in January 2009. I'll probably pay it off this month because I'm tired of looking at it. But I live on a cash-only basis now and this world tries to make that very difficult, doesn't it?
2. What’s your guilty pleasure store?
Any music store or book store (Amazon). (Nope. Not the yarn store anymore. I am oversaturated with yarn.)
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it?
Tithe first, then INVEST IT. Or most of it. Make it grow.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
RICH. Because you can't pay bills with famous.
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
Nope. Tried that already. There are not enough anti-depressants in the world to assuage the depression that came as a result. Boring megabucks jobs are not worth feeling suicidal every day.
6. Have you ever stolen anything?
Oh, geez. When I was a minor, I shoplifted a bit like most kids—see what we could get away with. The biggest thing I took was a skirt and blazer in my big purse. I never wore it, I felt too guilty. I think my Mom eventually found it and took it back. Of course, when my friend and I got caught at Rink's Bargain City (in the 70s) with lipstick we hadn't paid for... I realized there were consequences and that was the end of my life of crime. Unless you count stealing parking spaces from someone by zipping in before they can get there... I try to live above the law. But I have my own laws about some things.
7. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
Probably over 1,000 (after checking iTunes) but about half of them are MP3d from my personal collection or purchased music (or my own stuff), and the other half are free podcasts.
1. What’s one thing you have done that you’re most proud of?
Getting my PNH Level 1 with Wildflower in 2002, getting past my fears and taking Cheerios to a PNH clinic this year.
2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
Gotten my college degree. That was like the ONE THING they really wanted me to do.
3. What things would you like to accomplish in your life?
Get my PNH Levels 2 and 3, finish all three of the TKGA Handknitter levels, finish and distribute at least 5 CDs of my own music and sell them (five albums, dude!), write a book, get married, win the lottery, travel, live to be 95.
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
Depends on who or what I come in second place TO. If the winner far exceeds or slightly edges out me, then no. But if I've done the best job of all, and I lose to someone who has not followed the rules or did a terrible job but won due to politics or because they cheated the system, then... it pisses me off. (I have stories!)
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
Yes, but that doesn't mean I won. (Although I am currently annihilating my ego-identity, I'll veer off long enough to point out in what might sound like sour grapes but is a view shared by the majority of the entrants that the Toledo Blade Battle of the Bands was a complete joke. It was billed as a contest seeking originality and talent, but it soon became obvious due to flaws in the voting system that the act with the biggest network of computer-using friends had the edge regardless of talent; that a bad cover tune band doing a COVER—ie not an original song—could triumph over a good original act; and that you could be great, but if someone saw you getting ahead, they could destroy your chance of winning with one bad star rating out of spite or idiocy.)
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
Yes, but it wasn't anything "important" like a SAT.
7. What did you do today that you’re proud of?
Let's go with yesterday: I COOKED a healthy meal. I got inspired to do a stir fry (lived off of them and Ramen noodles in the L.A. years), and I went grocery shopping anyway, and I made Kung Pao Chicken. Except I used meatless chicken strips. Chicken, green onions, peanuts, and a half packet of Kung Pao seasoning mix and some instant rice. YUMOLA! I think I'll do another fry tonight but with TOFU! Yes I bought tofu again, first time in eons. First time I came home from the store with absolutely zero meat (unless you count the cat food).
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own?
My very own pickup truck and barn.
2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with?
NOBODY! I don't trust anyone with redecorating my space!
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
That's hard to say, because everyone has their tragedies and personal problems and I'm not sure I'd want to trade those... but... someone very wealthy and in great shape. Uhh... but also spiritual... oh, crap. I dunno. Let's be simple. Steve Perry or Stevie Nicks. Great careers. Why not?
4. Have you ever been cheated on?
5. Have you ever cheated?
6. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
Yes but you'd never believe it if I told you what it was. If I get enough comments asking about it, I'll reveal it but otherwise, it remains a secret.
7. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
Absolute, unwavering faith and perseverance. The ability to make decisions without second-guessing myself into a frenzy. Stick-to-it-iveness. Oh—ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS! I wish I could be one of those obnoxiously organized habitually punctual fully pulled together people!
Not tagging anyone. If you have the time and inclination, feel free, and leave a comment to that effect so I can read it.