Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Blithering

Imagine that. I pilled the cat last night without incident. I have Pill Savvy.

I don't even think Jake remembers Monday anymore. It's amazing how fast cats heal.

Did you know that passive-aggressive behaviors are one of the many coping mechanisms used by children raised by a parent with Borderline Personality Disorder? Neither did I, until I began reading this book. I wasn't even sure what passive aggressive behavior meant until I read this description ["Surviving A Borderline Parent", p. 91]:
Another example of the passive-aggressive coping mechanism is the person who smiles and says, "No, really, I'm not angry about the situation." A couple of days later, when his wife asks him to fix her closet door, he says he will. Two weeks later, it's still not done.
1:00 PM: Sure, Mom, I'll take the dishes out.

2:00 PM: Yeah, I'll get to it.

4:00 PM: I said I'd do it!

6:00 PM: Geezus, Mother, can't you see I'm busy reading? (Disassociating) I'll do it in a minute.

Maybe what everyone labeled as "procrastination" was really just my being passive-aggressive as a way to try to control my life a little. Because when situations don't involve authority figures pressuring me, being on time or doing the job isn't an issue at all.

Something to consider.

Time for Private Practice...


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, December 05, 2008, Blogger Carrie K said...

Cat Pill Wrangler! I bow to you.

Hmm. I wonder which of my parents had BPD? Actually, I think my paternal grandmother did.

The Name/Url thing doesn't let you leave an email address. Hmm.

 
At 6:06 PM, December 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Google/Blogger leaves my abandoned blog address. Gah. Computers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home