Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Casting an Intention

OK, it's not exactly knitting, but it is casting on in a way. I hereby declare my intentions (and you have no idea how long it has taken me to craft these sentences in a way that they say what I mean, without one negative suggestion whatsoever!):

In my ideal financial scenario, I am able to do absolutely whatever the heck I feel like doing, whenever I feel like doing it, and the money continues to roll in every month, come what may.

My American dream is to have the freedom to do what I choose, when I choose to do it, with complete reassurance about my finances.

Yep. I had to eliminate perfectly innocuous phrases such as "with no worries", or "no matter what happens", and kill off lack words like "want". But I think I've nailed it this time.

You know, I've been having some pretty far-out insights hit me during that between sleeping and waking consciousness level and one of them is that everything IS possible. It is all right there in front of us, but we can't see ALL of it.

We have filters that allow us to see only that which we've programmed ourselves to be aware of—because if we didn't, we'd be bombarded with information and our brains would fry.

Filters allow us to become aware of things that align with our programming (which is based on what we grew up with, or later what we consciously choose to focus upon). Like when you buy a pink VW bug and suddenly you notice there are a ton of them out there, or you decide you love a certain color and it's the season's big fashion trend. It was always there—you just didn't have your filters programmed to allow it into your awareness.

So if you look around and all you see is a lousy economy, crappy housing market, and things to complain about, you've just set your filters to be aware of these things and to filter OUT signs of economic growth, positive shifts in the housing market, and things to be grateful for (like $1.39 gas, whoo-hoo!). It's all about semantics, and what you're telling yourself.

I've decided to tell myself I'm a multimillionaire, that I have all the money I could ever want or need, and that it comes to me easily. I'm setting my phasers on stun, and my filters to economic prosperity.

How about you?

By the way, it works the same way with everything. For example, if you think it's impossible to get a pill down a cat's throat and still keep your skin intact, then it will be. But if you think that it's really pretty simple, just irritate the cat enough that he hisses and snarls and learn to time the pill toss with the unhinging of the jaws then clamp down until he swallows, you'll be successful every time. ;-)



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, December 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not afraid of losing my skin, I'm afraid of the pill lodging in my cat's throat and killing her. In fact, I tend to think of all the catastrophic things that could happen. It's a gift.

Your intentions sound well though out! May it come to pass. (I'm trying to sound like Picard. )

 
At 9:54 AM, December 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such good advice. I hope a lot of people read this post.
It can be so hard in situations like this to maintain a forward looking and positive perspective. You've definitely got me thinking about adjusting mine. :D

 
At 5:48 PM, December 13, 2008, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

You are right. It's all in how you view the possibilities. You can see a closed door or an open window. You just need to look at the whole room if you want to see your way clear to what you want...

 
At 2:30 AM, December 15, 2008, Blogger Girl Meets Needle said...

Here's hoping I can take your advice to heart. It's good stuff!

Oh, and per the rules of the game...

You've been tagged! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home