Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Food

Milk. One gallon. W*l-M*art. $1.88/gallon.

I bought four.

Yes, I can drink that much by the 19th. Easily.

Cool beans. That beats C*rcle K's 2/$5 special anyday. Though I like their milk a bit better.

But of course I would. Because according to the quiz at New York Time Out:

Your Score: 43

You’re a Discerning Diner. You know what you like and it often includes gussied-up grub. But you’re just as happy scarfing a Papaya Dog any day of the week.

(What's a Papaya Dog? It sounds more like something I'd be barfing up...)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, April 09, 2009, Blogger GABY said...

You know you can put your milk in the freezer?! i do it all the time, buy 3-4 gallons put all but one in the freezer.

 
At 8:25 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I am not a milk drinker so I buy the "boxed" milk that doesn't need to be refrigerated. I only use it for cooking so that's OK. But, every once in a while, I get a hankering for milk in a glass...

Then I go out and buy a million gallons that I can't possibly drink!

 
At 3:22 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Debbie D said...

Glad to know I'm not the only adult that loves to drink milk.

 
At 3:28 PM, April 15, 2009, Blogger Mia said...

And REAL butter at walmart was only $1.50 a pound this week (I bought 8). What can I say. I stock up. I've tried the milk once - putting it in the freezer -but i was kinda afraid it would blow up or burst or something ... my luck... anyway..

And just so you know.. I had the EXACT same reaction to that song. Something just hit me in the most profound way. And the part where she says she's 47 yrs old and never been kissed.. my heart just melted for her.

 
At 8:56 AM, April 17, 2009, Blogger villalena said...

papaya dog is the name of a hotdog place in new york city. they are all over the place. cheapest place to eat in the city but surprisingly good. they also sell tropical smoothies, hence the papaya.

ps thought your comment on knit and tonic was very interesting.

--former new yorker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home