Saturday, November 21, 2009

NOAnn's Fabric!!!

Eesh! It is getting harder and harder to add fiber to my diet!

First, Fiberworks closed (well, that was what, two years ago? But they were major, because they had LOOMS and weaving stuff nobody else had, and a workroom for teaching yarn dyeing). Then the Fibers program at BGSU was eliminated.

Now this.

The JoAnn Fabrics in BG is being liquidated and is closing January 24, 2010.

OK. I know we have several awesome LYS's in the Greater Toledo Area. And there are JoAnn's and other fabric stores in Toledo. And Findlay. And The Little House in Clyde deals in weaving/spinning stuff.

But all of that requires a DRIVE.

I live in a metropolitan community. We have a good-sized University and a mall.

BUT WE WILL HAVE NO YARN OR FABRIC STORE IN TOWN.

Unless you count H*bby L*bby. (Sorry. I don't do trigonometry. Therefore I can't count it. Get it? Ha.) Even W*l M*art stopped carrying fabric and yarn, not that it was GOOD yarn. "Better Acrylics".

I'm quite bothered about the whole thing.

Now. I suppose I could whine and rant some more about it and see it as bad.

Or, I could look at this as an opportunity.

Question is... what kind of opportunity is this... and... do I have the wherewithal and the resources to pursue it?

Thinking out loud here...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, November 21, 2009, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Yeah, we lost our JoAnn's a couple of months ago. The closest one is a 20-minute drive, and the decent one is more like 30, minimum. It's so frustrating.

 
At 9:03 PM, November 22, 2009, Anonymous emily said...

What about the Ben Franklin on Main? Is that gone too? They carry some okay yarn, I mean, if you're cool with cotton and acrylic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home