Saturday, June 09, 2007

In Hysterics (and Yes, I Might Be Bi-Polar)

OK, I'm not bi-polar I'm just moody. And the hysterics, for a change, are good ones.

Got another mailing from the IRS™. Now. I approached it sensibly. I fended off the thought that they'd made a mistake and were withdrawing the approval for the penalty removal. I fended off the thought that they were trying a new approach to extort money from us. I reminded myself that the letter demanding more interest came from a different address and crossed in the mail with the one that said "all is forgiven".

So I took a deep breath, told myself it's probably nothing, and if it looks like it might be something, I can hand it off to my Trusty Accountant™ and she'll fix it like last time.

I opened the letter with a microscopic bit of apprehension.

Then I burst into hysterical laughter.

REFUND.

Big old effin' refund of $93.36.

What was that I said about "anything paid to them by me will return three-fold in the form of refunds, etc."? (Only $756 to go).

All I can say is, Oh. My. Good. Universal. Deity.

This stuff WORKS.

*pausing to recover from the shock of it all*

If you're interested in learning about the Law of Attraction but don't have the time or patience to read a book, then go to NetFl*x or Bl*ckbuster and rent "The Secret". Watch it four or five times. Direct link to the movie at Bl*ckbuster; direct link to the movie at NetFl*x. Your local library might even have it.

That's about it for the day's events so far: still waiting for UPS to show up with the rest of my desk; took the bike over for repairs (cheaper than buying new); laid out in the sun (not so white anymore); got the mail... slow, relaxing summer Saturday. Oooh, and the Belmont's on soon.

I feel so good right now, I think I'll go knit! In public, even!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, June 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Knitting in public! Yay refund. Even $93 will get ya a few hanks of good handspun wool.

 
At 6:33 PM, June 09, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Karma , baby!!! You've been putting out a lot of good vibes lately as well as a lot of beautiful textiles. The universe loves that sort of thing. I should really be a better knitter...

A huuuuuge congratulations on the refund! It is so great that something nice came your way today. I know that you've been a little down. Go get yourself something really frivolous and pretty. You've earned it!

 
At 7:38 PM, June 09, 2007, Blogger Jeanne said...

Yeah, it's been a tough week; but I'm way ahead of you on the frivolous and pretty. I've got fabric for a muumuu. OK. It's not a muumuu. I just know that's what my ex-bf and/or Mother would call it if they saw it. It's a pattern for a long hippie tunic—daishiki?—and some amazing fuschia hand-dyed fabric (from the store, not mine). Totally frivolous. Muwahahahahahaaaaa!

 
At 2:36 AM, June 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home