Friday, June 01, 2007

The Law of Attraction WORKS!!!

Remember the IRS Parental Nightmare? With ginormous penalties nearing the $3,000 mark? The one I said "Hey, now, I refuse to pay that, this is male cow doo-doo", and the accountant wrote a letter of reasonable cause explaining why I shouldn't be expected to pay it?

Remember that when I looked at that notification, rather than fainting or throwing a conniption, I solemnly declared, "this is NOT my responsibility. I have paid them enough. I'll give it to the accountant and she'll fix it. And whatever I have to pay, I'll get returned to me from the IRS in refunds later in triplicate."

Once I'd declared that, I took the letter to the accountant, and I let. It. Go. Just let it go, forgot about it, and when it did try to rear up in my brain to freak me out, I simply redeclared the above paragraph again.

Well. My single piece of mail today was from the IRS.

It said, "We are pleased to inform you that your request has been granted."

GRANTED!!!!!

*doing happy dance* I don't have to pay it! I don't have to pay it!

As a show of good faith, I'd decided it was only fair that I pay the smaller amount of interest, because, after all, I had taken darn near a year to file. So I owed them that much. But the big chunk? The $2,600 or so chunk? GONE! Vanishimo! So long sucka see ya! And according to the other part of my declaration, the $850 in interest will be returned three-fold one day (still waiting on that but that's OK, I'm patient).

My heart leaped around about three or four times and I felt breathless. It was an adrenalin rush, only a good one for a change. My horoscope did mention something about an unexpected surprise today. Usually when I read that, my heart stops and I panic. Today, I said, "Oh, I hope it's a GOOD surprise!"

And it WAS.

This Law of Attraction stuff works. I've read the entire book The Attractor Factor, I'm working daily on changing my beliefs, changing the mental tape loop in my head, finding the source of my beliefs, and by golly, it is working!!!

Now. This doesn't mean bad, tragic and occasionally unpleasant things won't ever happen to me again. That's just life. What it does mean is that my response to them will be different. Healthier. More constructive, less destructive. One must take a philosophical approach to bad things. I've been reading Joe Vitale's posts (author of The Attractor Factor) on his blog, and he just had a big bad thing happen—or was it really bad at all? It's all about how you look at it. The trick is to find the positive opposite. Find the one good thing that can come out of anything bad and focus on that.

Yes, it's true. I'm a crunchy granola power-of-positive-thinking bohemian cowgirl. The funny thing is, I used to be this way, all the time. Hence the reason people labelled me "dreamer", "lost on fantasy island", "unrealistic". I truly believed that ANYTHING and everything was possible if you just believed (break out the Disney song). Naturally, between my pessimistic Mother (married, ironically, to a member of the Optimists' Club), my pessimistic ex-bf, my pessimistic best friend, and my pessimistic former co-workers... uh... well, let's just say not being exposed to the constant negative reinforcement is doing wonders for my 'tude. It's coming back. I'M coming back. I think I'm rediscovering myself.

God, it feels good to think and live this way. Far more pleasant than constantly worrying, panicking, losing sleep, dreading every piece of mail, always fearing the worst... yes! That's what I'd become!!! No more. That's gone. I no longer need to think this way. I can let this go. I release the negativity, the judgement and worry, and I choose to embrace trust and faith.

Yeah, I say a lot of affirmations. Right now the majority of them deal with money, because that's what my brain focuses on the most. I focus on money like a teenage boy focuses on sex. Every two minutes money crosses my mind, but I've had a bad relationship with it (too complex to go into here). One night I meditated before bed, using the affirmations like a mantra, and I fell asleep chanting them in my head. When I woke up to hit the john later, the chants were still repeating on their own!!! All night! Every time I woke up, there they were:
I always have more than enough money on hand for everything I want and need.
I am a worthwhile and valuable person deserving of wealth, abundance, and true happiness.
It's good to be rich.
The more money I spend, the more money I receive.
I am destined for great wealth.
I am centered and peaceful.
I probably sound like a raving gushing lunatic, but I really don't care. I'm finding a newer, better, happier way to think and live and I'm liking it. I got my proof. It works.

May you all have a blessed weekend with lots of positive energy heading your way.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, June 02, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

You'd be a lunatic if you kept doing the positive thinking if it wasn't working. It *is* working so keep it up!! A good attitude actually helps us to make better decisions and to focus on the things we can really control rather than obsessing over those things that are outside out sphere of influence. Congratulations on the good news!!

 
At 2:44 PM, June 02, 2007, Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. Also a sense of humor. People have often commented on how I always seems to land on my feet - I think it's largely because I don't worry about whether it's good, bad, fair, unfair, whatever. I just keep having faith that it'll all work out, and by golly, somehow, it does.

 
At 11:25 PM, June 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic way to look at things. I always try to be positive. How awesome that your request was GRANTED! Yippee!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home