Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Miss Independent

Miss Independent here went to bed at 3:30 AM (that's typical), found herself wide awake at 8:00 AM (not typical), and disgustedly launched herself out of bed at 8:30. (Did someone inject me with caffeine while I slept?)

She then spent the day as follows:
  • unloaded the Mothership from Tuesday's excursion
  • took a trip to the storage unit
  • took another trip to the old house to once again overload the Mothership
  • returned home around 3:00 PM, exhausted, smelly, incredibly sore and devoid of any further desire to unload the Mothership again
  • brought the moving process to the point where all the important stuff is out, the stuff that in the event of a fire or robbery would render Miss I hysterical with grief at the loss thereof
  • had a refreshing shower
  • cast on for the Waving Lace Socks from Favorite Socks (Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sock in Gold Hill)
  • had a BBQ with B before attending the fireworks. The consumption included marinated grilled zucchini, grilled potato, grilled corn on the cob, macaroni salad (not grilled), Coronas with lime (also not grilled, but chilled), and the piece de resistance, the last two of the free burgers "won" from LaCense Montana. Oh, My Lord, you would not believe how good a burger can be until you've tried one of these suckers.
(Somehow I "won" a sample pack of 6 free Angus burgers. I was skeptical, but, hey, who turns down free meat (except a vegetarian)? I'm afraid I may have to succumb to having my hamburger shipped across country in dry ice because THEY ARE THAT GOOD.)

And so an exhausted, sore, fireworks-blinded Independent Girl leaves you with this, a meme blatantly copied and pasted (per her suggestion) from Ms. Sheepish Annie. (Uh, the answers are all me—only the questions were copied.)

  1. I've come to realize that my last kiss was… more than five years ago. Or it came from a cat (does that count?)

  2. I am listening to… the ringing in my ears from the very loud fireworks

  3. I talk… to myself, all day, all the time, but only when I'm alone

  4. I love… hair bands/glam rock of the 1980's (Skid Row, Dokken, Poison), screaming old school heavy metal (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, early Metallica), and prog rock/arena rock (Boston, Journey, Heart) and used to sing lead and play bass in bands of these genres (under a stage name). Ironically, I also love country. Go figure. I guess that makes me a twangbanger.

  5. My best friends… have been around for longer than 20 years

  6. My car… (newest, the Mothership) was my Mother's and it's a senior mobile. It does not fit someone with pink streaks in her hair, a nose ring and a tattoo

  7. My love life… what love life?

  8. I hate it when people ask… what I'm planning to do with my life now that my parents are gone. I didn't know before they died (besides "rock star"), and I still don't know (but I'm working on it). Stop asking! Pressure! Pressure! I still secretly want to be a rock star, same as when I was in my 20's, but I'm not in my 20's and I'm not sure it's still possible and the music I loved died when Nirvana emerged. Besides. Touring. In a bus. With smelly guys. For a year. I don't think so.

  9. I want to… ROCK! (Hmm. I spy a theme here.)

  10. Marriage is… for everyone who desires to be married, be they straight, gay or somewhere in between

  11. Somewhere, someone is thinking… about something they want, but they're focusing on the wrong thing and inadvertently bringing about more of what they don't want (Law of Attraction) as in, "I'm tired of being POOR" rather than "I am wealthy"

  12. I'm always… tardy

  13. I have a secret crush on… hey, my crushes are NEVER secret. My heart is firmly on my sleeve if I'm interested

  14. I am not... a number, I am a free man! (cue drum intro from Iron Maiden's "The Prisoner")

  15. My cell phone… is around here somewhere

  16. When I wake up in the morning… I look at the clock, and if it's still morning aka before noon, I roll over and go back to sleep

  17. Before I go to bed I… watch late-night cable TV (Dog the Bounty Hunter, Critical Hour, Gene Simmons, Miami Ink) then feed the cats

  18. Right now I am thinking about… the opinions people will form about me after reading my answers

  19. Babies are… not for me unless they are of the hooved or furry variety

  20. I get on MySpace… to track down old friends and bands I used to know

  21. Today I… celebrated the 4th with a BBQ and fireworks

  22. Tonight I will… hopefully sleep more than five hours

  23. Tomorrow I will… dig out my guitar because suddenly I'm jonesing to jam

  24. I really want to… be the winner of the second-largest MegaMillions Jackpot in history so that I will always have financial security (I'm a miser, it's possible) and so that I can be a benefactor for others

  25. Someone who will most likely repost this… either has a lot of interesting stuff to divulge or is at such a loss for subject matter that they resort to yet another meme


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, July 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you!

 
At 8:44 AM, July 05, 2007, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Love, love, love Dog!!! And am wishing that The Simmons family would adopt me or hire me to clean their pool or something.

"Twangbanger!" Heh-heh! I'm going to steal that one for future use.

 
At 8:16 PM, July 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You feed your cats in the middle of the night!?!? When we live in the compound together.... I'm gonna be in charge of the cat feedings.

 
At 8:17 PM, July 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and also... i'm gonna steal your meme

 

Post a Comment

<< Home