Friday, November 28, 2008

Belated Happy

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

I'm thankful that I have friends who want to spend time with me and who are gracious enough to invite me into their homes. I'm thankful for the good food and laughter. I'm thankful for hominy casserole, sweet potatoes, and TURKEY.

I'm also thankful that I've found some answers this year. Just recently I stumbled upon a slim volume at the bookstore, improperly shelved in the wrong section (or was it? coincidence?), and apparently waiting just for me. What I'm reading has opened my eyes to the truth about my relationship with my deceased parents, specifically with my Mother. To date, in the four days since cracking the spine on it, I have written 64 single-spaced pages in 12-point type in my journal (on the laptop) with no sign of it letting up. This is some serious purging and reframing, people.

All I can say about it right now is... there have been so many things about my life that confused me and to which I had no explanation. Suddenly, it all makes absolute sense. That sound you're hearing?

It's the pieces falling into place.

Be blessed this holiday season. Peace out.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, November 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you to have a jigsaw puzzle life that actually fit together. Rare, that is.

Happy Thanksgiving! Well, yesterday. November was too busy!!

 
At 8:18 PM, November 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sense of relief you're feeling - like the weight of the world being lifted sounds like. Hopefully, this new year that's fast approaching will be a new beginning for the pieced together you!

 
At 1:30 AM, December 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had a wonderful thanksgiving and that you are finding clarity in your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home