Wednesday, July 30, 2008

God is GOOD! and Yarn

Oh, yes.

GOD IS GOOD.

bigfatcheck

The insurance company sent a check today. I am utterly floored (in a good way).

The damage was estimated at $50,000. But the check covers more than half. It's unclear whether it is contingent on doing the repairs or not, but so what? There is plenty of money in the estate account to more than cover the difference, and some of the repairs listed in the 18-page outline that accompanied it are stuff I could do myself. It's still $30k + that we do not have to contribute, and that is

AWESOME!

Yes, I fell onto my knees (my poor knees with broken cartilege) on hardwood floor when I saw the amount and praised God, praised God, praised God and was almost in tears. (That alone was an accomplishment since my ability to cry over anything but tragedy has been dysfunctional for awhile now.)

And if you think that's all... it just keeps getting better. I left a comment over at Jessica's Blog and my comment was chosen randomly. Guess what I won?

Yarn!

Guess what kind of yarn?

I Won Yarn!

SOCK YARN!!!!! MY FAVORITE!!!!! And I love the colors, which you can't see very well in this photo because it's evening and the lighting but I just didn't want to wait until morning to post this, so here's a close up with the flash on for the colors:

Sock Yarn Close Up

I can't wait to knit this and watch the self-pattern emerge. THANK YOU, JESSICA, YOU ROCK!

What a great day.

Yes, of course I went out and bought lottery tickets. Are you crazy? Waste this good money/winning energy? That 25 million is TOTALLY mine...




Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, July 30, 2008, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

A check AND yarn? That is the very definition of a gooooooood day! Congrats!

 
At 1:15 AM, July 31, 2008, Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

YAY!!!!! How EXCITING!!!!

Oh. And the check is kinda cool too. ;-)

 
At 9:15 AM, July 31, 2008, Blogger becky c. said...

Yay! Hope you win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home